Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N70 tomtom mobile 5 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docrob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon,
can you see if you are able to activate speech recognition with tomtom running. TT doesn't have to be paired to your GPS, just start the application. then hold menu button and select "telephone", then hold down right selection key and you should get audible tone and then a progress bar saying "speech now" or words to that affect. when TT is running this is slow to respond and sometimes doesn't respond. as soon as you exit TT it suddenly starts working.

i think TT interferes with speech recognition is affected by the TT application but want to see if others have the same problems.

can others please report back whether they get this problem. i'm currently in discussion with TT and it would be good to see if others get this specific problem as well.

thanks,
rob :D
mrbean1976
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: n70 phone crash problem Reply with quote

My nokia n70 worked fine with tomtom until I added new custom POI's.
i deleted all custom POI's (especially the speed camera ones :-( because those files are quite big) and it worked fine again.
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

docrob wrote:
jon,
can you see if you are able to activate speech recognition with tomtom running. TT doesn't have to be paired to your GPS, just start the application. then hold menu button and select "telephone", then hold down right selection key and you should get audible tone and then a progress bar saying "speech now" or words to that affect. when TT is running this is slow to respond and sometimes doesn't respond. as soon as you exit TT it suddenly starts working.

i think TT interferes with speech recognition is affected by the TT application but want to see if others have the same problems.

can others please report back whether they get this problem. i'm currently in discussion with TT and it would be good to see if others get this specific problem as well.

thanks,
rob :D

I think whats happening is that the speech recongnition requires alot of processing power and as TomTom also requires alot of processing power the N70 is unable to cope,

Carl,
docrob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl,
i'm sure you're right. voice recognition worked fine on my old nokia 7610 with TT running so hopefully they'll sort it out on N70.
the problems with GPS drop, BT headset problems and this voice activation may all be solved with a more stable TT application. i was sent version 5.202 by tomtom to try out on my N70 but it didn't make any difference. in a few more versions they'll get there (let's hope by summer! :D )
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess overall people here would not recommend choosing the N70 for TomTom if you could choose another phone?
docrob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:
I guess overall people here would not recommend choosing the N70 for TomTom if you could choose another phone?

i would chose another phone if you want to use tomtom alot (at themoment anyway). things will probably change in a few months though.
TheMiller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I said not to use CARPHONE WAREHOUSE is because they don't give a s***. They want your money not your problems.
Go to the link in this thread to find your nearest other CLUBNOKIA dealer, travel if you have to or even post it off! If your phone dies, as mine did, you'll just get sent another.

IF ITS NOT FOR FREE, ITS NOT WORTH IT!
Penfold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently in, all be it SLOW, communication with ClubNokia about the N70 bluetooth issues, I haven't actually got anywhere yet but my N70 has the lastest firmware and I have tried TomTom 5.0, 5.1 & 5.2, with/without sounds, POI's etc using 3D/2D mode, removing all sounds and poi's from card so they don't even exist and still have the same problem so it can't be TomTom, I also have a Jabre BT200 headset that wont work with the N70, it pair's fine but will not actually allow me to use it when making calls, if I force a connection it thinks its connected but doesn't actually work. I then put all this onto my Nokia 3230 and it all works great. I will post any info I get on this thread if Nokia ever reply to me again....
Spoony
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: TomTom Reply with quote

I have been in communication with TomTom about this issue, below are my questions and their responses (reads from bottom to top) I'll post any more responses as I get them.

Quote:
Customer 03/02/2006 12.20 PM
1. The Box that my TomTom came in is somewhere in my house, I work away from home three weeks at a time, if this question is re the product listing, then I found that information in your features list of the product.
2. See answer to question 1 (Will forward both in two weeks)
3. I have the latest version.
4. My card is 512mb KIngmax RS MMC DV (Was working fine in my 6630 and still does).
5. I'm using the older one, plus tried on two other modules: Fuzion Silver Shield plus an unbranded one. All of these worked fine on my 6630.
6. After checking with Nokia, I have the latest N70 software version.
7. I only use the bluetooth for GPS.

thank you

Response 03/02/2006 10.42 AM
Dear Mr Holder,

Please can you forward us the list of phones on the sticker of the box.
Please can you forward us the product code of your TomTom software.
Please ensure you have the latest version of software 5.20 installed on your SD card.
If you are using a new SD card brand size is it (DV)?
Are you using the old bluetooth GPS (Silver) or the new GPS (MKII)?
Have you installed the latest rom version on your mobile? This can be checkeed and/ or installed in Nokia stores.
Are you using mode BT devices at the same time or if this N70 is in a spacific car kit.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Response 03/02/2006 08.23 AM
Dear Mr Holder,

We will investigate this issue further and get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

With best regards,

Customer 02/02/2006 04.36 PM
I think that you are partially correct, I have looked on some message boards and found that anyone using N70 and TomTom are having the same problems (see link)

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=30302

Maybe TomTom and Nokia could discuss the problem to find a resolution. But the product listings shows the N70 as compatible and this appears not to be correct. If it was just my handset then I would 100% agree but as you can see it isn't an isolated case.

many thanks

Response 02/02/2006 01.47 PM
Dear Mr Holder,

If your GPS worked fine with your previous phone and still does and two othe working Bluetooth GPS's don't work with your phone then it seems that the phone is the problem. Unfortunately you will have to contact nokia and find out what the problem is with the bluetooth on your mobile.

Thank you for your mail.

With best regards,

Auto-response 02/02/2006 12.58 PM
Title: Update November 2005 - TomTom MOBILE 5.20
Link: http://62.250.17.58/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=3571&p_created=1131622749

Title: Why can’t I connect to my Bluetooth GPS when my device is in flight mode?
Link: http://62.250.17.58/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=3135&p_created=1114084515

Title: Most asked questions regarding the pedestrian navigation
Link: http://62.250.17.58/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=3301&p_created=1121087652

Title: Why should I sign up with My TomTom?
Link: http://62.250.17.58/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=2411&p_created=1102932447

Title: What car kits can I use with TomTom MOBILE 5?
Link: http://62.250.17.58/cgi-bin/uk.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=2501&p_created=1108032562

Customer 02/02/2006 12.58 PM
I recently upgraded my phone from Nokia 6630 to the Nokia N70 and registered my handset with TomTom.
The problem is that the N70 drops the GPS device after around 20 minutes and then refuses to reconnect, even if I switch off the GPS device and bluetooth on my phone and then search for gps device in tomtom allowing it to reactive my bluetooth has no effect. This is a very frustrating situation as for example yesterday I had to get my MOT test in a centre I'd never been before, so obviously I set the route with TomTom and set off, 24 minutes into the journey the messege 'No GPS Device' shows and I'm lost with an appointment to keep. The only way I can get it to work is to switch off my bluetooth and then my GPS device, close TomTom and switch my phone off and then on again, clearly a dangerous thing to do whilst driving. I have even tried it with two other bluetooth GPS modules with the same effect. Please find a solution as this is an otherwise excellent product.

[/quote]
Welly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having fairly mixed experiences with TT5 Mobile. It can work for an hour but then i'll have occasions when it cuts out every 10 minutes or so. Have got the latest firmware (I think) in my phone so not sure if that's the solution.
Thunder-Exup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eveyone Wink

To find your firmware on your phone type *#0000#

And it should come out as

V3.0546.2.3
18-11-05
RM-84

Mic
omegadcuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: N70, TOMTOM and headsets Reply with quote

Same problems as everyone else but fortunate enough to have had Navicore software bundled with my phone, Navicore seems stable compared to TOMTOM 5 and i can highly recommend it - in some respects it's better than TOMTOM, although its postcode database seems a little out of date.

My phone firmware is 3.0546.2.3 18-11-05 RM84. TOMTOM 5.2 full POI, normal voice etc.

TOMTOM crashes every 10 minutes or so but i notice with the new firmware it is temporary and it normally recovers after 5 minutes or so - lot of use THAT is!

I've also noticed that a pairing has appeared on my phone for my GPS receiver and i definitely didn't do that! I can only assume that TOMTOM has prompted and added it somehow. removed it so i'll see how stable it is tonight!

I've also noticed that my Flamingo headset connects, disconnects, and works fine so long as i don't run TOMTOM, some time after running TT it randomly disconnects and won't reconnect without a phone reboot.

Basically firware 3.0546.2.3 improves the problem but certainly does not fix it Sad
3g
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: N70 Bluetooth and TomTom Reply with quote

When i first got my N70 it would not accept my nokia bluetooth headset. I have just had the latest version of N70 software put on to it and it now works.

However, TomTom is another matter. I have the same problem as all of you.

Phone resets itself and this was before i even bought TomTom. Once i put TomTom on i noticed it either reset itself, lost the gps device or just froze.

The only way i could get it back without resetting the phone was to press 1, cancel, 6, 6, 5. Then turn off the bluetooth and then open up TomTom again and let it turn on the bluetooth. However, it is not long before it does it again.

With the problems i had before i put tomtom on i would put my money on the bluetooth being the problem not any gps device. The only way to fix that is to wait for the updated software for the N70.

If anyone finds out if there is any software coming out or any possible fix please post here.
Zeena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also aware of the problems with N70 here in Norway. Sombody have no problems at all and other reports that the N70 freze after some time.

On person had his phone in for a check with the local repairshop. The man there checket the firmware etc and find nothing wrong.

Then he suddenly see that there was "an old" SIM-card in the phone, - and he told that 3G-phones need "new-generation" SIM-card to work correctly.

My friend got a new SIM-card and -voila- everything work great with TomTom.

When I think about this it makes sense. The phone hangs when you get into a new operator-cell when the processor in the phone is hard working.
With a lot of POI's the prosessor will even work harder and makes things worse I think. Same with BT-pairing etc...

Some people have no problems with N70 and TomTom and others have a lot of trouble even when changing to new N70.
But do they change SIM-card?

I have presented it to TomTom Support and they were really interested!

This is not confirmed by other people so it would be nice if some of you with problems could try to get a new-generation SIM-card and see if this solves the problem.
3g
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: I have cured the problem with N70 and TomTom Reply with quote

Hi

After a lot of research I now know what the problem is with the N70 and TomTom.

The problem lies with the bluetooth on the phone. The fix is the version 3 software on the N70. If you type in *#0000# and you do not see version 3 or better you will need to get it flashed for it to work with TomTom.

I have mine flashed now and it now works perfectly with TomTom.

Regards

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 7 of 25

Jump to: