Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TotalPDA = TotalJoke
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TotalPDA = TotalJoke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarryAtPiekarnia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: TotalPDA = TotalJoke Reply with quote

Just want to share the story of why I’ll certainly never buy anything from these jokers again and suggest that you don’t bother either.

Middle of last month I wanted to order a powered car mount for my ipaq. TotalPDA seemed to have what I wanted at a reasonable price. So I went to the checkout and tried to buy. They do accept international orders (I’m in the EU) but only if the order is paid for with a UK registered credit card. So I used their website contact form to ask about shipping to Poland and paying for it with my Polish registered Barclaycard (as in British Barclaycard). No reply. Well, everybody has problems with emails not being delivered sometimes, so I sent them an email (using my work address rather than the hotmail address I had asked to be mailed at in my previous message). Again no reply.

I was going to the UK for Christmas and thought that would be a good time to get the mount without paying for international shipping. Ordered the mount on December 21st and got a screen protector at the same time. Should have been plenty of time to get the items to me before I went back to Poland on the 29th. As I was feeling lucky I also ordered three items from ebay sellers on December 22nd and another two on the 23rd. All the packages from the ebayers arrived no problem but nothing from the professionals at TotalPDA. I tried to send another message asking about the delivery but the form asked for the order number given on the email sent by TotalPDA confirming that the order had been received. Of course TotalPDA hadn’t bothered to send any email like that.

Fast forward a week. I’m now back in Poland and finally my package arrives (thanks to TotalPDA for giving me the opportunity to pay for postage first inside the UK and then from the UK to Poland). Very badly packed, no box, just lots of loose parts covered in bubble wrap. Oh well, cut down on my postal charges I suppose. Pity that there was no kind of instuctions or warrantee information but whatever. Of course there had to be another problem: the screen protector is the wrong size. Yes it does fit the screen. But not if you want the bottom half centimetre of the screen to be protected, or the far right half centimetre. It’s way too small. Which is probably why Proporta call it a screen protector for a TomTom GO.

So I sent TotalPDA another message. No reply for three days. Sent another one. No reply to that either. Ship the wrong product and ship it slowly, then ignore any complaints = superb service. My next stop will have to be the tradings standard office I think.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do apologise for problems you have experienced when ordering from Totalpda. Can you PM or email me your order details please and i will pass this case onto our customer service manager.
davethepitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Totalpda Reply with quote

I ordered an Ipaq 4700 Proporta screen protector from Totalpda on thursday and it arrived saturday with no problems.

Davethepitch

Stoke on Trent
Countryman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Harry on this one having just tried to purchase a PDA from them. I had my 2210 stolen just before Christmas and having a fairly large investment in Brodit Speaker kits etc. I have been looking for a replacement rather than buying a newer model. I was therefore delighted when looking at TotalPDA’s website just now so see that they had two ‘2nd user’ devices for sale. One with manual and one without. I therefore rang them to check on the units’ condition being second-hand. The ensuing conversation went as follows:

Scottish girl: “You’re through to TotalPDA sales….blah blah”
Me: “Hi I’m interested in the second-hand 2210 you have for sale.”
SG: “We don’t sell 2210s, they’re discontinued.”
Me: “But I am looking at it on your website right now (gives ref. number)”
SG: “That’s irrelevant, my stock sheet says that we don’t have any.”
Me: “Well don’t you think that your website should match your stock sheet?”
SG in ‘don’t give a **** tone': “There is no connection between the two. Once we have sold the stock, it is up to the web people to take it off the web.”

Rather than just post a whinge over her attitude, I thought I would ring Steven Gourlay as at least he has taken the trouble to post a response above. Conversation as follows, having hit 5’ for other queries:

Same Scottish girl: “TotalPDA…..”
Me: “Can I speak to Steven Gourlay please.”
SG: “What’s your name?”
I reply.
SG: “What do you want to speak to him about?”
Me: “Could you just put me through to Steven please.”
SG: “What do you want to speak to him about?”

This goes on for three more cycles before I put the phone down. What a bunch of *******!
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Countryman I am sorry to hear that you feel that you have been treated badly by Totalpda. In response to your first note:

” SG: “We don’t sell 2210s, they’re discontinued.”

I am assuming that SG is the sales girl/guy. She/he is correct in saying that units are discontinued but we did have a few of 2nd user PDA’s on the site. I have personally checked with my stock sheet which is different to the sales floor and can see we do have them but they are allocated to customers already, the sales person would not have seen this at there end it would so they we currently have none in stock. Our website is not 100% up to date as our stock changes on a daily basis and these could have been allocated only a few minutes ago before you called.

When you called to speak to me

It is standard practise to ask what the call is relating to when callers ask to speak directly to a member of staff. Did you advise the sales person of what the call was relating to?

Again I do apologise if you feel that you have been treated badly by Totalpda and will pass your comments on with relations to the web site and will pass your comments to our sales manager with regards to the telephone conversation that you had with the advisor.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: