Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Memory Problems HX4700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory Problems HX4700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sg16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Memory Problems HX4700 Reply with quote

Could I please beg some advice. My 4700 is warning me that I am running out of memory when loading up TT and the memory settings tell me I only have 4.59 mb in storage and 9.31 in program space available. I am reluctant to just delete stuff which might be needed and I don't have any other large software on the HP. I always close down any running programs

I have had from TT3 up to TT5.21 on my 4700 and with a few hiccups over the time through inexperience I have had to reload the software occasionally. I wonder whether I have things duplicated things and which is lowering the memory capacity.

I have a 1Gb Sandisk with the usual GB Plus Map, voices and speed camera saved on it.

However in the GB Plus Map file I have what appears to be a number of very large files.

cline 112M
cnode 41.5M
cname 19.4M
faces 17.4M
Great Britain 8.41M
mapinfo 5.83M
poi 1.64m

The question is particularly with the first 4 what are they and are they required or can they be deleted safely. Or is the problem elsewhere.

If I do a "Find Files larger than 64 KB" it brings up:

"Great Britain Unknown Type" 8.4 MB four times(!) and those files listed above.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

hx4700, TTBT, Sandisk 1GB
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, the sure fire way to make sure you get rid of unwanted/ duplicated data is to perform a hard reset, then re-install the applications and data that you need via active sync, this isn't a small job and please consider it carefully before doing it (this will put the device back to the same condition as when you first unpacked it from the factory). My 4700 has 15,6MB free in both Storage and Program sections. I would sugest you leave the files on the SD card alone, you need these files as they contain map data. Mike
sg16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and many thanks for your advice. I did wonder if it would need something major and agree its probably the best option. Will plan to do it when I got time available and ensure I have everything in place to rebuild.

again thanks

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: