Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is TT5.2x now worth upgrading to from TT3x
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is TT5.2x now worth upgrading to from TT3x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diplo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Is TT5.2x now worth upgrading to from TT3x Reply with quote

I've held off from upgrading from TT3 to TT5 because of all the problems I read about when TT5 was first launched. Now, after numerous patches, do people think the problems are resolved in Navigator 5 and it's now worth upgrading? Or are there still significant problems? I'd be interested in hearing a summary of what's improved in TT5x and what functionality is missing that TT3 has. I'm using a Mitac Mio 168 clone, btw.
Leon_Jabachjabic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Seconded Reply with quote

I'm in exactly the same position as Diplo, here. Just as I was beginning to think that most of the bugs in TTN5 seem to have been overcome (though not by any means all of them - I particularly dislike the idea of my treasured Xda2 going into meltdown!), TomTom sounded the five-minute warning for the end of its EUR59.00 upgrade offer, and now the decision is that much more difficult, involving as it does parting company with considerably more cash...

I've heard that some sort of new upgrade offer is on the cards for the middle of the year when the annual map upgrade is released. Obviously the obsolescence of the maps will eventually force those of us who use TTN3 to upgrade or switch to other software, but the timing...?

Perhaps some ex-TTN3 users who have taken the plunge would care to offer their accumulated wisdom?

Cheers all

Leon Rolling Eyes
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i can only talk about the xda2i ,but since the new upgrade has been around i havn't had to soft reset once yet ,but i have been on holiday for the last 4 weeks so i have only had like a week of use ,but i have answered the phone while navigating and all was fine ,but if you like i can keep you posted in a week or so

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: