Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fail To Open Database = 2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fail To Open Database = 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyrator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Fail To Open Database = 2 Reply with quote

I've been transferring routes between my Pocket PC and Fugawi UK using the Pocket PC Data Exchange. Whilst Tracks, Maps and Waypoints appear to show up as being present on the PDA, Routes do not. I have also received the message "Fail To Open Database = 2" when I do a fresh start on Fugawi on my Pocket PC. Would anyone know if the two are related and what the fix is?

Regards

Keith
colt5068
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Fail To Open Database = 2 Reply with quote

Keith,

I've got the same problem just sent the following to Fugawi Support.

Last week I purchased FUGAWI UK from Global Positioning systems here in the UK. I have sent registration to you but probably has not yet arrived. If required I will email CD key as proof.

I loaded software to laptop running Win 2000 SP 4 & then downloaded & installed the upgrade from your web site & all works well - very impressed !!

I then installed on my IPAQ 2210 running pocket pc 2003, along with the world map & this too is OK. I then selected a map section & exported to Ipaq but when selected get the error message " Fail to Open Database = 2". But I can see the map in the background with the error message not being able to clear.

I have tried 3 different map sections ( only small areas ) loaded to PDA memory , CF card & SD Card with same result.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something else I need to do ??

Colin

pyrator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After trying to find a simpler solution to this problem - which I think was caused by a lock on the database used by Fugawi, the only way I found of stopping this message was to uninstall FUGAWI, and reinstall and then export the routes again
Rat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: failed to open database=2 Reply with quote

I have had this same error " failed to open database=2" I think I have cured it by deleteing a file in the programe files/fugawi folder I think it was called somthing like dbsouce it was the only file in the folder apart from fugawi.exe.
I had the problem, that after starting Fugawi you could not close it because of the message failed to open database=2. so I had to end task or reset.
It is early days but all seems well again.

2210 futura clipon BT
Fugawi / TT2
with Tomtom ~gpg removed
so all have a chance of useing the BT GPS
BBB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me - I may be hoplesslt off-track here but I was wondering which version of Fugawi you are using?

There may be some general things about different versions. Have you imported all the maps? Elevation data too? Maybe even come across a reference to an unknown folder supposed to be on the C: drive?

BBB

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: