Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion unit at Aldi - 17th Nov
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion unit at Aldi - 17th Nov
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeOnABike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this (it was the 96800), walked into an Aldi near Yeading (ugh) at about 11am and picked one up without having to elbow anyone in the face. They seemed to have plenty in stock and there was no packing buying - maybe demand for satnav in yeading was overestimated... Based on my experiences with Garmin I'm more than pleased with the unit, OS and navigation software. I'm sure Medion are no worse than "sorry we haven't tapped into the UK market yet" Garmin (I can show you the email).

With the warner POI (reassuringly German too) and the 5.1 navigator software it is very simple to install the speed camera DB. Install w-POI, drag and drop the .asc files to the device, install sound files if desired.

Next to each instance of the "start navigation" button there is usually just a "show map" button.

Oh and I'm using it on a bike so it's subject to a few more pressures than when operated from with a cage.
stukno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My difficulties stemmed from uploading a version of POI Warner which installed successfully but didn't run, if that makes sense. Finally followed a link posted on this forum which leads to an updated version of Warner and all works well -with green square glowing in corner

thanks for the help & support

stu k
activeviii
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stukno wrote:
My difficulties stemmed from uploading a version of POI Warner which installed successfully but didn't run, if that makes sense. Finally followed a link posted on this forum which leads to an updated version of Warner and all works well -with green square glowing in corner

thanks for the help & support

stu k

i can get the green square in the corner but the program for satnav dosnt open. are you running the POI on navigon or tomtom. i have been trying to get mine working for 5days but struggling a bit.

im finding the navigatot software runs very very slow, is there a way to speed it up?

oh and where can i get medion 5 from, im running 4.75 at mo but if i canget updates it would be good.
rednipkin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of POI Warner did you use as the website does not appear to support navigator 5.1.

Any help appreciated.
activeviii
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i should have seid, im still runnig 4.75, the POI was the latest one of the web site.
i have reset everything back to how it was now as i needed the nav and didnt have the right info to trust the updates.

i may have to send this unit back to medion again, they have had it 3 times for software problems, i still have the problems. always losing sats, have to reboot it every time you need to get home. flashes funny routes up on the screen then goes back to where you was a few miles back.

not had it a year and stuggling with my rights and medion.
could do with info on how to get medion to sort it out, so for now im not going to anything else to it, its back to where it was when i have it. ( cr4p) comes to mind Evil or Very Mad
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rednipkin wrote:
Which version of POI Warner did you use as the website does not appear to support navigator 5.1.

Any help appreciated.

Stuckno and Sabre2 have the new Aldi unit with POI-Warner loaded and working, and that unit runs the 5.1 version. Where did you hear that the website doesn't support 5.1? Seems to me that there is some 'misinformation' here!

Can PocketGPS check this out? Confused
MikeOnABike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running the latest version of each - the poiWarner website directed me to the 5.1 navigator version of the software.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: