Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie - A Biker with a GPS prob
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie - A Biker with a GPS prob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingtut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Newbie - A Biker with a GPS prob Reply with quote

Hi all Thumbs Up

I spent 5 cracking days in September riding through France on my TL 100r (which performed brilliantly), into Luxembourg, and through Belgium - Absolutely gr8 Mr. Green , and one of the guys had a Satnav, that hindered us more than helped us (due to the fact that he forgot to load the certain maps before we went ... Embarassed )..

Anyway whilst shopping on Saturday, i found that Aldi were selling a GPS satnav, that after careful perusal i found that it had a bike mount etc.

Well that was it, i had to have it .... of course knowing absolutley sod all about these type of gadgets Stop it! this may not have been a prudent buy !!!

It is a Medion MD96800 Mobile GPS Navigation system - which looks the biz, and mounts a treat ........ Now the problem -

When i try to install the software (Navigator 5.1), my PC tells me that it cannot install it as it isn't a Win32 application.

Please Please Please, can somebody help me with this, as otherwise i may have to try and get a refund ...

Thanks

Frustrated newbie GPS biker
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i cant find much info on the GPS model. can you check to see what OS is installed, is it WINCE or PPC?
MikeOnABike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a software issue, nothing to do with the GPS. I got the Aldi special too. To be honest, I have just been using the GPS unit, haven't looked at the software since installing it!

What operating system are using on your PC?

(the medion uses windows ce IIRC)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: