Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MioMap v2 Software upgrade info!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MioMap v2 Software upgrade info!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micke_011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still waiting.. i managed to send the cd without realising that there was an e-mail that was supposed to be included so i kind of doubt that i'll even get the upgrade. and tomorrow the upgrade offer ends, why i sit here and try to decide if i should order the region-to-europe map as well, as it doesn't require me to send in any miomap cd.. and of course, the e-mails about the mess i've managed , that i've sent to mio remains unanswered.. so typical for mio, so expected, still so incredibly unsatisfying.
BishBosh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

Just got my upgrade disc (DVD) :D

Installed new rom upgrade to Version 21, also upgraded map software to version 2 and put on the UK maps.

It all seems to work ok no problems installing, I did notice that the maps show the speed limit on roads and will alert you if you go over, haven't tried it out yet but will tomorrow.
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: MioMap 2.0 observations Reply with quote

Mapping redraw is much smoother and more fluid, and stays up to speed with the 'proper location' so the lag that was apparent in V1 has gone.

Re routing is slower - takes about 5 seconds at the begining of a route but nearer your final destination it is pretty quick. Screen icons and representation is much improved in terms of clarity. Speed signs and speeding warnings functions well but can be irritating, Signs work well.

POI observer no longer functions - well the redirection of comm ports works as does POI observer but no icons on the screen! - Damn - means I will have to buy POI Warner. Anyone finds a work around then please post the solution.

I loaded the entire Europe map thinking it would do individual selectable countries - I got a single file, not sure if this causes slow ups or any other issues so need to do some experimentation.

General impressions are favourable

Regards to all Neil
markbev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: mio 269 flash procedure Reply with quote

Hi All
I have the 269 and have loaded the firmware on a mem card and tried flashing but all it says is open image flash failed.#contacted mio support and they say just install from disc (dvd) but i have R13 and want to upgrade to R21, please can you tell me step by step how to achieve this

Many thanks
Mark
gerryharris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark
I had the same problem flashing from a SD card. Turned out that the SD card was slightly duff. Repeated process on another SD card without any problem.
The upgrade, and instructions, are also on the DVD.
Cheers
Gerry
forest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, for those of you who have recieved delivery. did you get a tracking number from mitac or ups to track the parcel? i have a mitac reference number (which i got from my initial order), but this does not seem to be usable on the ups tracking website.
is this the same as what you have used or am i looking for something different? just worried re those posters who had problems with delivery.

thanks in advance.
NeilBennett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: UPS Reply with quote

Forest,

I was sent a Mitac email containing a UPC reference which had a link in that allowed me to track the item.

Regards

Neil
forest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers neil, just got to sit and wait for an email then.

thanks for quick reply.

ps for those that have had no joy with email replies from mitac, then the telephone support line works fine. got through within a few minutes on the two occasions i phoned. guys are pretty friendly and helpful.
phone # 0207 294 0074
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - you'll get an email with the tracking number to follow its progress: mine arrived on the day stated. The contents, within a large cardboard "envelope", are the DVD (flashing procedure if required, maps and electronic manual) and a letter thanking you for your patience.

The flashing is dead easy from the disk/SD card and the loading of new maps is VERY much quicker via a card reader.

Looks very different from V.1 and offers more things to play with!! The reaction to position changes is quicker than V.1 and the map colouring is altered. Offers TMC though this is not supported in UK nor France.
forest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray, thanks for reply. the tracking number you got, was it letters and numbers, or numbers only. did you get the tracking number immediately or after a few days/weeks?

as for the update, does this improve postcode search ie full seven digit?

thanks in advance.
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a long process though Mitac, on their web site at least, did keep updating the delivery delay!!! I paid by CC for the Region to Europe upgrade and the money was taken on 27 Sept: I heard nothing till Friday , 25 November, when I received the email detailing delivery via UPS for Monday last, 28 November. The package arrived during the morning.

The email detailing the delivery arrangements contained a link to the tracking process - I did not have to enter a number at all - and the tracking was very well processed, informing me of when it had been picked up in Belgium, left Brussels by airmail, arrived in UK, left UK airport, arrived in Bury St Edmunds depot (I live in East Anglia) and at what time it had left there for delivery to me.

The updating process was a simple one and worked straight out of the box - at least, for me!
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget to answer the post code question - still 5 figures only, it seems.
Madmouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Miomap Upgrade Reply with quote

I must have been one of the lucky ones with the upgrade cd....ordered 24th november delivered one yesterday & another disc today (oops!!) installed everything & so far i'm impressed!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gerryharris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What only 2 disks?
One arrived one afternoon, another next moring and another the same afternoon. Total of 3 disks :-)
The UPS driver was looking rather puzzled as all the packets were the same.
Cheers
Gerry Harris
forest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers everyone for the info.

am i right in thinking the update will give a graphic of speed limit of the road you are travelling on, or is that a customisation thing?

thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: