Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 2720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 2720
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metroman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Brummygit, thanks for the link but I beat you to it by about 2hrs ha ha. Managed to load the safety cameras, went for a drive and bingo they work!!!! great stuff. There is a bit of a shortage of POI's for Garmin on the net, it seems like all the effort went into the Tomtom Go's unless you know different?? metroman.
BrummyGit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at POIEdit on (details are on this site) and especially the autoupdate wizard - there you will find poidownload.co.uk where you can get masses of data. You can then write them into either CSV format and included them in the directory with the speed cameras or open them in mapsource format and import them as waypoints (favorites on the 2720).

I would do the first option as too many waypoints are not good.
vitorneto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin 2720 Reply with quote

metroman wrote:
Great bit of kit but I'd love it to connect to my laptop!
I loaded the software and registered the maps ok but when I connected the unit to the laptop there was a momentary message saying something like USB port overload. It happened so quickly I was unable to read it correctly. Needless to say the unit and the laptop are not speaking to each other.
I wrote to my supplier who asked Garmin and was advised to d/load the drivers again from their site which I duly did but this hasn't resolved the problem. The USB port is working fine as my daughter uses a webcam. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? metroman

HI there,
After reading this i couldnt help but trying to help. i have a garmin navigator V and for the last few days, i dont know if it was a windows 10 update or something with the garmin itself. So i bought a (for me) USB A to Micro B Y-Cable which provides 2 USB "A" Male connectors and 1 USB micro "B" Male connector, provides the additional power required by some Micro USB external devices..................... BANG IT WORKED FIRST TIME.

https://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/misc-cables/0001124359-00000001?gclid=Cj0KCQiA9dDwBRC9ARIsABbedBPYQo5eCksfb9Rh_aurgxod_F012M5WnU_Cyu3t5W5rOieEMI9In0YaAriLEALw_wcB

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: