Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Externa Antenna for SysonChip GPS CFplus Card S/N 0308293015
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Externa Antenna for SysonChip GPS CFplus Card S/N 0308293015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_spensley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Externa Antenna for SysonChip GPS CFplus Card S/N 0308293015 Reply with quote

Has anyone tried/been able to source one that will fit the CF card connector? None of the Suppliers I have tried stocks the genuine SysonChip accessory and so far I haven't found any of the alternatives will fit.

I've read (in SoC Literature I'm sure- but definitely in Dave Burrow's review) that it takes a MMCX connector, but the Haicom AHI-101 with MMCX definitely is too big (just!). Is MMCX a true international standard or do Manufacturers have their own "flavour"?

I emailed SoC in Korea asking for details of the connector/local representative etc just after Xmas but so far no reply. Does anyone have contact details for their UK representative?

Happy New Year

Rob S
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, Happy New Year!

The external patch antenna that you can plug into the SysOnChip CF Plus has an MMCX connector on it. Basically it wll look like this
http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod471.html

However, this is an MCX not MMCX connector. MCX is slightly larger than an MMCX.

Global Positioning Systems do list an MMCX, but show the description has a Haicom MMCX Antenna, but show a Pretec picture which is very misleading as Pretec has MCX and not MMCX sockets.

I've had a look at the Haicom socket and compared it to the SysOnChip socket and although they are similar, the SysOnChip looks slightly smaller still, although the Haicom antenna might fit it. You may want to email dian@sysonchip.co.kr and see what Dian says.

The UK Reseller for SysOnChip are http://www.GPSW.co.uk
rob_spensley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought the SoC CF plus card (from GPSW) they sent an antenna with an MCX connector (I guess there was some confusion with the earlier CF card which does take MCX) but they didnt have any MMCX devices available.

Subseqently I bought the Haicom Antenna elsewhere on the basis that it had an MMCX connector, but it is just a tiny bit too large.

Will seek dian's advice.

Thanks for your help (and so prompt too !!).

Rob S
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really strange, because technically there's only an MCX and MMCX, but I do have two different CF cards here that in theory have an MCX connector where one is slightly larger than the other, and another has a male socket instead of a female socket, and I also have two MMCX CF cards but one looks slightly larger/smaller than the other.

I'm not sure whether manufacturers are doing this just to tie people into their accessories, or if there's a newer size out for the MCX and MMCX, but it's starting to get a tad annoying that manufacturers are going away from the original standards.
Mose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Extenal antenna Reply with quote

Hello I'm new to the forum.

Did Rob S or anyone managed to find a retailer in The UK who supplies an external antenna for the SysOnchip Plus? Would a radiating antenna fit the bill as I noticed that there was some concern over the connection pin.

I have another query but perhaps I ought to put it under a different heading.

Regards
Mose
Deep-6
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I mailed Dian myself in March and got this back at the beginning of April:

------

Hello,

Many thanks for purchasing our products.
Our SysON external antenna also will be available at www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk like CF GPS card very soon. We'll keep you informed soon.
Thanks in advance for your patience.

Thanks and best regards,

SysOnChip, Inc.
Korea

T: +82-42-864-4665 F: +82-42-864-4664
E-mail: dian@sysonchip.co.kr
Homepage: www.sysonchip.co.kr

----

And what do you know, its there!!!

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/accessories_detail.php?product_id=687&category_id=&accessory_id=1212

I'm putting my order in now!!

Cheers
Mose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: I'm putting my order in now!! Reply with quote

Deep-6 wrote:
Hi, I mailed Dian myself in March and got this back at the beginning of April:

------

Hello,

Many thanks for purchasing our products.
Our SysON external antenna also will be available at www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk like CF GPS card very soon. We'll keep you informed soon.
Thanks in advance for your patience.

Thanks and best regards,

SysOnChip, Inc.
Korea

T: +82-42-864-4665 F: +82-42-864-4664
E-mail: dian@sysonchip.co.kr
Homepage: www.sysonchip.co.kr

----

And what do you know, its there!!!

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/accessories_detail.php?product_id=687&category_id=&accessory_id=1212

I'm putting my order in now!!

Cheers

I have just ordered one also.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards
Mose
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a couple of fully working external antennae, both with MCX connectors. Having recently purchased a SysOnChip CFplus II GPS card, I'd like to be able to make use of one the antenna I already have rather than buying yet another. Does anyone do short adaptor cables enabling MCX->MMCX (and vice versa) connections?
davenash
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: External Patch Antenna Reply with quote

I purchased an External Patch Antenna from globalpositioning systems and it doesnt seem to fit my SOC. The Product code is P2212 - is this the correct fitting for SOC.

It seems to push in partly but not securely enough to stay in without resorting to a rubber band. Am I being too gentle - obviously dont want to break SOC by using excessive force.

Anyone else got one and know what I'm wittering about?
Copilot Live 7
RNS510
iPhone4 + Navigon
Grahame
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: SOC external antenna Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

This sounds like the SOC antenna that I ended up having to buy. I was disappointed with it at first until I realised that I hadn't pushed it in far enough. It clicks in so that the square block is nearly touching the side of the GPS card. Until I did that the performance was poor - it took ages to lock on, and had a lot of lag - this is because it was as good as not being plugged at all. So go on, push it a little bit harder and it will be OK. It won't fall out anymore and it will perform better too.

Cheers,
Grahame.
davenash
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I appreciate your input - just wish metal coated windscreens hadnt been invented!
Copilot Live 7
RNS510
iPhone4 + Navigon
davenash
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: External Antenna + Brodit Reply with quote

Oh blast

My external antenna that cured all my problems has caused me another problem. Just bought a Brodait Active Tilting holder for 2210 and then after fitting it realised that the 3.5mm jackplug was in the way of the aerial connector on the SOC - thought of shaving some off the plug - anyone else got any bright ideas?

Dave
Copilot Live 7
RNS510
iPhone4 + Navigon
davenash
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: External Antenna + Brodit Reply with quote

Oh blast

My external antenna that cured all my problems has caused me another problem. Just bought a Brodait Active Tilting holder for 2210 and then after fitting it realised that the 3.5mm jackplug was in the way of the aerial connector on the SOC - thought of shaving some off the plug - anyone else got any bright ideas?

Dave
Copilot Live 7
RNS510
iPhone4 + Navigon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: