Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mypocket pc speaker is not loud enough :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mypocket pc speaker is not loud enough :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salsa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: mypocket pc speaker is not loud enough :( Reply with quote

Using my pocket pc in the car I find the internal speaker is not loud enough.

Are there any products on the market that plug in to the 12v cigar lighter and act as a mini amp good enough to power a small speaker via input from the pocket pc headphone jack.

TIA

Salsa
genes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: mypocket pc speaker is not loud enough :( Reply with quote

Hi salsa

I had the same problem and purchased an Arkon multimedia mount which has a built in amplifier and speaker - No more problems!

Regards Terry
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Both the Arkon and Seidio mounts offer a built-in amplifier. Other options are FM-Modulator's (although their legality is now in doubt) or a set of mini-speakers such as those available for Walkman's. Some of these will acept a power input instead of batteries but you would need to source a suitable 12v supply.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Actually the Seidio has it's own speaker, it's really just the Arkon's that are illegal.
genes
Occasional Visitor

Correction only the Arkon with a transmiter to the FM waveband is illegal in this country.

The one I have has a built in amplifier and its own speaker - it plugs in the cigar lighter - Perfectly legal!

Hope this clarifies the situation

regards terry
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

I use a speaker (bought as a pair) for a Walkman and plug that into the head phone socket. It runs on batteries or via the cars 12v socket. It all works fine, can turn the volume up/down via the Nav button on my PDA.

But, when I play music (Windows Media Player) via the speakers or Head Phones its way to loud, even if the volume is set to the lowest on the Media Player, is there away to turn the volume of a PDA's Head Phone Socket up/down within the setting of the PDA?.

wjrs5
Occasional Visitor

Why not buy one of those cassettes that plug into the car radio and has a lead that connects to the headphone socket of your PDA?
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by wjrs5 on 03 August 2003

Why not buy one of those cassettes that plug into the car radio and has a lead that connects to the headphone socket of your PDA?

I think most of these people who have problem with the PPC speaker are those who want to listen to the radio/stereo the same time as they want to hear the voice of PPC !
Chorlie
Regular Visitor

1st - My car doesn't have a cassette player, just a CD.

2nd - You want to listern to the Radio as you drive and have TTN2 to advise you.

3rd - My problem is listerning to music via head phones away from the car, saves me from having to carry a PDA and a Walkman, its just to loud via head phones.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: