Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Press Release: Powered Swivel Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Press Release: Powered Swivel Mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seidio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Press Release: Powered Swivel Mount Reply with quote

PRESS RELEASE

Powered PDA Swivel Mount Super Bundle Sale!!

We've got double the savings starting this week at the Seidio online Store. SEIDIO'S POWERED SWIVEL MOUNT SUPER BUNDLE offers an incredible deal--premium products at an affordable price. It provides a secure way to mount your PDA, Power and charger your PDA, and improve the sound output for GPS software, MP3s, digital books, Pocket PC Films, or hands free operations on your PDA phone (XDA/T-Mobile and Treo) and wireless phone.

This versatile bundle provides your mount cradle with three different mounting solutions, the 8" Windshield Suction Pedestal, the Locking Vent Clip Pedestal, and the Multi-Angle Dash/Console Pedestal. We offer this bundle for PDA users who would like to mount their PDA in a variety of ways based on their personal preference or vehicle interior. Because three pedestals are included, PDA users may also avoid the hassles of transferring pedestals from vehicle to vehicle. A swivel adaptor is included.

The Powered PDA Swivel Mount with Bundled Mounting (8” windshield & Vent) includes:

1 Powered PDA mount cradle with DC power cord

1 8” Super Strong Suction Windshield Pedestal

1 Locking Vent Clip Pedestal

1 360-degree Swivel Adaptor

1 Audio cable (used to enable the speaker)

1 Power Cable for your model of PDA

Regular Price USD$79.95 / EUR$71.38

Promotional SaleUSD$49.95/ EURO$44.60 now through August 10, 2003

SEIDIO'S POWERED SWIVEL MOUNT SUPER BUNDLE is an incredible deal— Don’t pass up this opportunity. You can't find a better deal anywhere else!

Click here to order your Seidio’s Powered Swivel Mount Super Bundle

Global Site:www.seidio.com

European Site: www.seidio-europe.com
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Press Release: Powered Swivel Mount Reply with quote

Don't hold your breath for delivery though. I ordered from them on 20th July and am still waiting for delivery on 28th! By the way any phone queries have to go to USA - their 'European operation' in fact consists of a despatch warehouse in Spain, with no customer service facility. Soon I'll have spent more on phone calls chasing this order than the item itself cost! They also charged my credit card before the item was shipped.

Ted
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've spoken with my contacts at Seidio and they do apologise for causing any inconvenience and delay. Seidio have received a large amount of orders that they are trying to fulfill through the Spain distribution centre. Packages are sent via certified mail (Spain USPS) and should take at best 3-5 working days to arrive when the initial backlog has been reduced
tedkay
Regular Visitor

Ah well there you go - I spoke to Anthony Khan at Seidio last night after receiving an email containing the following: "....Normally it will take 4-7 business day to deliver..." and he bleated a lot about new setup etc. But surely they know how to set it up properly, they are not a new business, just a new branch (if that is what you can call this warehouse).

A quite clear case of moving the goalposts don't you think? I'm afraid I don't have any sympathy with them - if they can't fulfill their delivery promises made at point of sale then they should do the right thing and put a note to that effect on the website. I'm afraid they will do themselves no good at all with this dismal service. Manyana may be okay for the Spanish, but it's no good at all to me. It wouldn't be quite so bad if their delivery charges weren't so high (in my case 40% of the purchase price).

Ted
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Bear in mind though that effectively it is a new business having a new office opened in a completely different country, with new staff etc, nothing ever goes smoothly. I do agree though a notice on their website would help alleviate any complaints.

Seidio are currently selling some of their products in the UK via Pocket Animal, Expansys and soon they will be selling the mounts via all of these and Peripheral Corner. This should help alleviate these problems going forward for UK users.
seidio
Occasional Visitor

Hi Ted;

The Seidio facility in Spain was just set up about three weeks ago, and we're working on it every day and trying to serve our customer with the exceeding service and quality products they can get. Please have confident in us, as we're doing the best we can to meet your demands. We are committed to do the best we can, as we are working on it each and every day.

Thank you,

Jessica

www.seidio.com
David886
Occasional Visitor

I placed the order and got my mount in 5 days. I sent an email to him and I got a very quick response. The customer service is good. I ordered a mount bundle. I have to say the price is very good. I paid $ 49.95 for the bundle. I checked the price with

Expansys. Their price is about $81 (including VAT) for the same mount and with only one mounting pedestal. Seidio mount bundle comes with all three different pedestal and a swivel adaptor.

I got the mount I always want and changes in my pocket. I am quite happy.

tedkay
Regular Visitor

Hi

Following my harsh comments about Seidios' delivery I have to be fair and say that their man Anthony Khan took the trouble to phone me direct from America to find out if my mount had arrived. When I told him it hadn't he was very apologetic and explained that they were having teething troubles, paticulary with their couriers. He assured me that if things didn't improve very soon they will be using a different delivery service.

The mount arrived today 30th July, 10 days after I ordered it. It is a very good piece of kit, well made, and with very useful features: a good clear speaker with volume control, DC outlet for powering other devices like a bluetooth GPS receiver, neat short power lead for the Ipaq (so the connection doesn't keep coming adrift anymore!), hands-free connection so the speaker can be used for a mobile phone.

So I've forgiven Seidio for their less than brillaint delivery and hope they can get that right because their products are good and seem to have a lot of thought put into them.

Ted
Mark Bennett
Occasional Visitor

Is this bundle including the long-arm mount that accomodates the Ipaq with Navman Sleeve?

I tried ordering, but it did not give me a "short" or "long" gripping arm option.
Mark Bennett
Occasional Visitor

OK, so I didn't spot the drop down

I've ordered.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: