Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem POI Warner + Navigon Navigator 5.1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem POI Warner + Navigon Navigator 5.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Problem POI Warner + Navigon Navigator 5.1 Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

I have installed the software and updated to 5.1 plus updated the British Isles map. The problems I have are that I have POI Warner installed, with the speed camera database from this website, I have converted the files into the correct format, but the following occur,

1/the warning that you are approaching the speed camera either happens once when I set it up to warn twice or

2/sometimes it completely ignores the camera and I get no warning, (I wonder is it speed related i.e. if you are not exceeding the speed limit it does not warn you?)

3/The icons which I have used before when using Tom Tom 5 were Opaque, on Navigon they are see through.

I set up POI Warner to give me two warnings, American Siren at 40 secs, British Siren at 10 secs, I did this by setting these to apply to all overlays, I did not do them one by one catorgory ie gatso20, gatso30 etc I figured it should not have made any difference. The angle of detection is set at 10 degrees, speed limit setting is set to 20mph I thought the warning was going to tell me when I was exceeding the limit by 20mph but how does it know the speed of the road? If I turn the speed limit off will the cameras work properly then? Does anyone have any ideas why it is not working properly. Also does anyone know how up to date POI Warners own speed camera database is which is downloaded from POI Handler?

Any replies would be most welcome Thank you.

Steve.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at my web site, I have Navigon 5.1 and POI-Warner and have it set-up the same as shown on my web site(Madion 4.2 - POI-Warner), juct click the link at the very bottom of this post.
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pocket GPS,

To be quite honest I had searched for answers on this site, and had seen your website, so I printed it out in full (All Sections) and followed the instructions. Today I changed the angle of pickup for the acoustic settings from 10 degrees to 50 degrees, what I still cannot understand is that some cameras you get the first warning set up for 40 seconds but the second does not happen, or as I said before it completely ignores the camera and you get no warning. What is most annoying is that the pocket gps database worked really well on Tom Tom 5 which I was using recently. The reason I bought the Navigon software was because I like the poi's which are already installed in it, which I know you can add in TT5, but I also like the user interface. I just wish the speed cams would work properly! Any other ideas??

Cheers

Steve.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am completely honest I don't use Navigon 5 any more as it is just so slow on my Mio168 even with the update to v5.1, have reverted back to using Medion 4.2 which was supplied to Medion by Navigon, but as you say for some reason I did not always get the correct warnings with v5, v4.2 always worked fine.

I say I reverted back to v4.2 but now only use TT5 & CheckPOInt and fined it so much better than Navigon 5 & POI-Warner, the poi issue with only been able to have 40 different types is a pain with TT5 for some.

Navigon was also a let down because of the post code search not been updated from previous versions unlike TT5.

I simply don't have an answer to the poi problem with Navigon 5 myself, tried reinstalling it from a hard reset and then installing POI-Warner, then making sure that I configured every different type of poi in POI-warner individually but still had the same problems as you have.
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again for your reply pocket gps,

I did the same uninstalled, rebooted, re installed, set up the overlays individually, but it has not cured the problem. Unfortunately it looks like I will defect to Tom Tom 5, I found the built in warnings very good and loud when used in conjunction with the pocket gps speed camera database. Which brings me to my next question, why do use checkpoint with Tom Tom?

Cheers

Steve.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
Why do use checkpoint with Tom Tom?
Cheers Steve.

Only because it gives you several warnings for each camera and you can use what ever voice you like for the sound warning, but I do actually like the TT5 warning if you select Polite 2 for the sound, you can't miss it.
Escargot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say I have poi Warner installed on my iPAQ with Navigon 5.1 and the speed camera warnings all work fine, with two as you approach. Maybe it's a hardware problem and not a software one. Or maybe you are getting short of memory.

The only thing unusual I may have done is to convert the camera database files from the .csv to the .asc format using poi edit, rather than use the .asc files now supplied. Can't think why that should make a difference though..

Navigon 2100 Max with v7.0
Also a 7110 (v6.5), 7000T (v6.1), 3100 (v6.2)
& a Transonic 5000 with MN5 & poi Warner
How sad is that!!

sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the idea, alas I have done the same as you, because I like the speed zoned icons, which are not provided as asci files, so these have to be converted via poi edit. The thing I am still getting though which I mentioned earlier is that although when you look at the bmp of the icon it shows as a opaque speed limit sign, yet when it is on the pda it is transparent which is hard to see. Do you get the same? that is if you are using the speed zoned ones. I have now resorted to using different icons the (the Khan ones) which do show as opaque. I would have preferred the original pocket GPS ones though.

Thanks for your interest though

Steve.
Coma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: poi warner Reply with quote

hi m8,

i am having the same problem if you find a answer let us know
cheers steve.
Escargot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, must admit I never noticed this before, but now you mention it, this explains why, when I select night mode, I just get red rings where the speed zone signs should be!

I will have a look at this and see what I come up with.

How sad is that!!

Coma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: nAVIGON 5.1 Reply with quote

been trying to get poi warner work but with no luck same probs as steve the guy above in the posts.

get no warning at all but all the camera show on the map as navigating set all the warning sounds up but just does not happen if anybody else has had the same prob but managed to sort the problem out let us know as i am going to revert back to version 4 if i have no luck as version 4 worked with no probs. version 5 looks a lot better please help.

Cheers ComA
Coma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Poi Warner Reply with quote

Steve,

i had the same probs has u all i did in the end was download the newest
version of poi warner

link. for version 2.93

http://www.navigating.de/MN5_en/POI/Upgrade/FreeUpgrade.htm

all now works fine

cheers

ComA
Escargot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a lok at the icons and you are right - most of them are transparrent! I tried to open a couple in photoshop to see if I could fill them in, but with no luck so far. The main concern this gives me is in night mode, when all I see are red circles where the speed limit signs are.

Regarding the upgrade mentioned by Coma, I am confused yet again!!

When you follow the link it says you will download v2.8. I checked my pda and find I have v2.92 installed. I still have the original setup file on my pc and if I hover my mouse pointer over this, it says it is file version 3.7.0.1. So I downloaded the file from the link and did the same and it also says 3.7.0.1. However the first one is 2233KB and the new one is 2246KB. Um, I think I'll leave well alone!

How sad is that!!

Coma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: upgrade Reply with quote

yah when i went to the site to download he update it says its version 2.88
but when i downloaded and installed it says when i run it on my pda that it is version 2.93 my icons are still clear just black icons but they all work with warning now....hope it helps cheers Coma

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: