Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Vito SmartMap
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Vito SmartMap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Vito SmartMap Reply with quote

We have just completed the review of Vito Smartmap.

Vito SmartMap is a topographical program which allows you to map your position to a map. Vito are currently offering a whole selection of maps on their website ranging from Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
BrianT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Vito SmartMap Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

www.vito-tech.com seems to have gone off the air.. At least, I've been trying to get on their site since Monday when I read your review (over which I am positively salivating! <g>) but no luck. Do you know anything more?

Thanks, Brian.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

Hmmm, I can't access their site either. I'll email them (assuming that works!) and see what's happening.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I don't, you can download and purchase their software through Handango though.
BrianT
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Darren.

Sorry Dave, I don't understand. Do you mean you CAN get onto their site? I still can't..

I intend getting hold of the software soon (using my recently awarded $5 discount for answering the Handango survey! <g>) as I like the sound of it but it is reasuring when you can get onto the original site, look for updates, follow the news etc. It's just a bit ominous when a site disappears especially when there're still several Google links to it.

Regards to all, Brian
Dave
Frequent Visitor

It was in reply to "Do you know anything more?". No I can't get onto the Vito website.

Vito-Tech are/were based in Russia.
BrianT
Regular Visitor

Ah, I just noticed on Handango that Vito seem to be changing their name/site to http://www.vitotechnology.com

- or maybe that's old news?

.. not that I got anything out of the above URL either but at least it wasn't a "page cannot be displayed" response!

Hi Darren, I was just wondering if you got any response using email?

Regards to all,

Brian.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

I haven't as yet no I'll try an email to their new URL and see if that elicits a response.
BrianT
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Darren!

Hey Dave, I just took a look at your other sites - nice photos! I used to visit your part of the world a lot in the 60s and 70s.

I have a Canon G2 too but you don't seem to use their panoramic stuff..? I probably use it too much (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/brianthomas and http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alexthomas) and with the PMVR stuff I have a LOT of fun. <g>

Have a good weekend!

Brian.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've updated the reviews, looking at www.vitotechnology.com they say they have changed the domain name, but unfortunately they've cut off the old name too soon by the seem of it, and that's what's caused the confusion. I would have thought it better to run with both domains continuously for atleast 6 months.

Thanks Brian, I really haven't managed to get out lately and do any photography. It's still a passion of mine that I like doing, and still have all the cameras and lenses, I need to give them a good clean soon!

I don't use the panoramic much, not sure why, I just tend to like regular photography more.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Nice photo's Brian! They've stiched together very well. I tried a few when I got my G2 and found it worked well, just haven't really found the time to use it.

Must admit I love the G2, I'd rather have this than a 6mp camera. The G3 looks horrible!
BrianT
Regular Visitor

www.vitotechnology.com - that's better! I'll take a closer look at the site next week when I'm back on a faster connection.

"G3" - a friend bought one and a small but significant part of the view-finder image is obscured by the protruding lens when in wide angle - what were they thinking of?!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: