Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2 Map Errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fysmd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2 Map Errors Reply with quote

M62 J26 roundabout.

I missed an exit and TTN2 tried to route me off the roundabout and west on the 62 to j25 and back rather than just around the roundabout!

Oh and while lost in Bradford the bloody thing sent me down a bridalway, much to the bemusement of walkers as I had to reverse back up the chuffing thing. It's sent me down none-tarmac'd roads before so I thought nothing of it until I came across a pedestrian bridge!

I was so angry that I forgot to make a note of the position...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jimbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2 Map Errors Reply with quote

Petersfield (Hants) not on map, whereas all local tiny places (eg Rogate)just around Petersfield ARE on the map! How can this have happened?!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Found a map error in London:

Trying to route towards Paddington, TomTom Navigator 2 believes that you can turn right from the A5 Edgware Road (heading south towards Marble Arch) into Star Street at 0 degrees 10'06" W 51 degrees 31'07" N.

I know this journey well, as I go to St Mary's Hospital enough, and you can't turn right into Star Street! I checked this one out when I was in London last week just to make sure; there's a kerb in the middle of the Edgware Road that makes the turn impossible.

Sticking a small avoid area on the end of Star Street makes Navigator route correctly - left into Chapel Street, then right into Old Marylebone Road to cross the Edgware Road into Sussex Gardens (Navigator chooses to go via Transept Street, though you can go to the lights at the end of Chapel Street and turn right there - I tend to look at the traffic when choosing). This route is in accordance with the road signs for Paddington as you drive down the Edgware Road under the Harrow Road flyover.

David
Jackcg
Occasional Visitor

Two came to light on a trip this past w/e (Luton-Newcastle)

Bedford Southern By-Pass (Eastern End) hopelessly out of position - shows running through fields and then picks up on the old Bedford - Barford road.

A1M - M1 split, South of Boroughbridge - if you continue down A1 TT2 makes a complete pigs ear of things, bouncing you from A1 to M1 to old single carraigeway A1 and back again. Takes several miles to stabilise, and anyone not familiar with this area could get well confused.

jedstagg
Occasional Visitor

Something very odd happens on the M25 anticlockwise past Dartford tunnel. For about 5 mins it shouts "Keep left in 200 yds, Keep left, Keep right in 200 yards, Keep Right" and so on, over and over again. Since it was a straight stretch of motorway with no turn offs I preventing myself from zig zagging across the carriage way.

The 1 way system in Brighton somewhat baffles it too. And as for bus lanes...
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

I belive there's definitely a change in the routing algorithm in 2.22.

I can only turn left and join a carriage way from where I live to go anywhere. Prior to applying the update, if I need to turn around and head the other direction from where I live, TT would correctly route me to the end of the road and around the roundabout.

2.22 now directs me to take a U-turn where there's a gap in the carriage way, in spite of no U-turns signs!

hollis_f
Regular Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by jedstagg on 03 July 2003

Something very odd happens on the M25 anticlockwise past Dartford tunnel. For about 5 mins it shouts "Keep left in 200 yds, Keep left, Keep right in 200 yards, Keep Right" and so on, over and over again. Since it was a straight stretch of motorway with no turn offs I preventing myself from zig zagging across the carriage way.

Hmmm, I went past there on Monday with no problems. I wonder if it's because of a poor fix, combined with the fact that there are several roads all running parallel. It may be that your receiver takes a while to get a decent fix after being in the tunnel.

MarkEllis55
Occasional Visitor

On the way to Le Mans TomTom GB impressed my by saying “Take the Ferry” as I drove in to a Eurotunnel train (Sponsored by Sea France ;-).

On the way down to Le Mans (Paris Map) and on the way back there was one stretch of road N138 –E402 between Broglie & Grace TomTom took us across country! It did not appear to be a new road. The offset both coming and going suggests to me a map data issue. There was also a train line that kept disappearing on TomTom but was there beside the road. I also found that the petrol station POI are somewhat out of date. Otherwise full marks.

chandwpl
Occasional Visitor

Islington Way in Stevenage, has changed names to Great Ashby Way. Thks.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

M11 northbound between harlow and stansted, last night I was told to keep left keep right keep left keep left keep righ etc etc for apprx 1.5 miles.

Great advice if I was a nutter in a Kilt running up the main straight at Siverstone but not much use on a straight (& cone free) piece of motorway.

Not sure if this did this in an earlier version of TTN2 (I'm pretty sure it didn't but could be wrong).

Cheers

Ian

ipaq3850, pretec cf gps-lp, 256mb sd card.
Jamie
Occasional Visitor

The whole of the Wirral has incorrect postcodes.

Wirral used to get it's post service from Liverpool and therefore had Liverpool postcodes L47, 48 etc.

About five years ago this changed and we now have Chester postcodes CH47, 48 and so on. Nav2 still has the old Liverpool postcodes for Wirral. Confusing enough if you live here but visitors would get completely fooled.

Other than this I think the software is great.
wallisj
Occasional Visitor

Northbound M60 at J22 has you leaving the motorway and at the top of the slip road there is a large junction, when navving to the A62 to oldham, the nav has you going straight on and making a u-turn about 500meters further on, then turning left.....you can actually turn right on this junction straight away at the lights.

Jamie
wallisj
Occasional Visitor

The southern half of clegg street in oldham, going back from union street, Greaves street south of ashworth street, Oliver Street and Cromwell street past oliver street are now all demolished to make way for a new sainsburys.

Its a large area now clear devoide of roads.

Jamie
Michael
Occasional Visitor

Ian,

I've also experienced exactly the same bizzare routing instructions twice while travelling northbound on that section of the M11.

As far as I remember it never happened with TTN1

Michael
Neil F
Occasional Visitor

roundabouts at the following co-ordinates are routed in an anti-clockwise direction!

2 deg 48'17" W, 53 deg 25'31" N

2 deg 48'03" W, 53 deg 25'31" N

Neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: