Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN630
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN630

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman ICN630 Reply with quote

Buckrogers (Colin!)

I've had the iCN for about a month and find it an excellent tool.

Display is excellent, fast and smooth to update and very clear even in bright sunlight (Though on my dash it doesn't get direct sun very often unlike a cabrio would)

The routes can be a bit strange at times - but there is an update due in the next month or so which should sort it out.

Its not possible (at the moment anyway) to add your own POI's and waymarks are again not possible - so you can't do a route via somewhere - you have to make the via a destination, get there and then create a new distination and so on. Again that is due to be added shortly.

The suction mount onto the window is excellent - mine has been stuck on since I put it there about a month ago.

What else would you like to know?

Mark
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman ICN630 Reply with quote

All the comments are very much appreciated. It seems that the iCN has a good following, hopefully I'll get mine next week, hopefully at a reasonable price.

Thanks again for the comments.

buckrogers
Regular Visitor

Just looking at buying a ICN630 here in the UK.

Is this a good move?

Anything to watch out for?

If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be much appreciated.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Well it's only competition is the SPIII which is getting a little long in the tooth. The iCN630 is a great unit, it has a few minor issues but is otherwise a good choice. I'm sure some iCN630 owners will elaborate on how they find it in day to day use.
jensrafn
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Darren on 10 July 2003

Well it's only competition is the SPIII which is getting a little long in the tooth. The iCN630 is a great unit, it has a few minor issues but is otherwise a good choice. I'm sure some iCN630 owners will elaborate on how they find it in day to day use.

HI Darren! do you nowe where i can find european smart-map software to my unit? i bouhgt it in America,but I can find any software to it,maybe you now??
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

Got my iCN630 today!

It seems very good and it performs just as everyone has described. Map rotation in line with the car's heading works very well and yes some routes do come out a bit strange but I've seem more expensive systems that do the same.

Does anyone know if updated maps are available and if so how often are they updated?

Also does anyone know if the iCN630 can be linked with Auto Route or similar s/ware packages? I tried briefly to link to a PC but without success.

It looks like there is an IR port on the front, is this correct?

All in all, it seems a great unit.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

No updated maps are available, and we don't know whether map updates will be available or if you will have to purchase a new software version. Most companies tend to release a new software version with new maps to justify cost they're selling it at.

The IR port is not used at the moment.
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 19 July 2003

No updated maps are available, and we don't know whether map updates will be available or if you will have to purchase a new software version. Most companies tend to release a new software version with new maps to justify cost they're selling it at.

buckrogers
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the Info.

Further testing has made me even more impressed>

Hopefully Navman will realise that looking after its customers with full support, new maps etc. will generate more sales as the word gets around. I have enough confidence in the iCN630 to reccommend it professionally, lets hope nothing changes that.

Quote: Originally posted by buckrogers on 19 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 19 July 2003No updated maps are available, and we don't know whether map updates will be available or if you will have to purchase a new software version. Most companies tend to release a new software version with new maps to justify cost they're selling it at.

sparks
Occasional Visitor

I have had a couple of instances when driving on a main road, where the ICN630 keeps recalcualting a new route, over and over again. This happens of course only when I go a different route then the one specified. I usually have to drive a couple of miles before it finally figures out a new route.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. I'm in the US (New Jersey).

Thanks.
ledermann
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by buckrogers on 10 July 2003

Just looking at buying a ICN630 here in the UK.

Is this a good move?

Anything to watch out for?

If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be much appreciated.

ledermann
Occasional Visitor

Hi Colin (buckrogers),

I am in Switzerland and i boucht an icn from usa because there are no distributor in my area (Lausanne).

I encounter a usual problem that mean...I do not have the european map but the usa map.

Will you be interested by a exchange of country (for example switzerland and france) or something like this.

Feel free to contact me at work. Phone is 00 41 21 614 34 44.

Best regards

Stephane.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Please do not ask for pirated copies of maps, we cannot condone piracy in any form and Navman actively read these forums. I do not think that the maps are available seperately and in any event are locked with a code. You really should have bought a Euro model from somewhere but as this is a little late perhaps you should ask Navman if they can assist?
ledermann
Occasional Visitor

Sorry if you misunderstand my request..

I am not asking for a piracy copy.

I am asking to exchange area (which is not the same thing) as people will not use Swiss for example and i will not use usa at all so I don't think that it si forbidden to exchange area. I have not activate these area so the code (and licence) are still new.

Regarding navman, they 1st told that it is not possible to use CD Europe with a icn630 coming from usa.

They finaly recognize that there is no technical issue but only a commercial issue...

In fact, they agreed to sale the cd rom europe at 630€ which is more or less the difference in price list between europe and usa.

SLe

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: