Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 Unusable?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 Unusable?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay which golfcourse did it send to across and what setting were you using

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
jaypeter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha
I have no choice but to use fastest...shortest will usually send me down a country lane.

In the great golf course fiasco last week, I was actually towing a small canal boat destined for White Bear marina in Adlington, near Chorley. TT5 took us off the M6 at Shevington, through Standish and then
we were guided down a single track lane called Arley Lane for about 2 miles, which included a lovely scenic meander through the center of Wigan golf course. The looks, the looks! I had my wife with me and we roared with laughter. It is still a road officially I presume, but it bisects the course, single lane, between fairways!!
At the end we were guided down a potholed single lane than is now closed to all but local traffic, according to a sign at the end. Took about 15 minutes.
Great fun, all in a day's work ;-)
Don't get me wrong, I know these GPS units are only meant to "suggest" routes, and one can always pre-view the route.

However, for us drivers of large vehicles, the loss of the speed change option is awful.

In addition, tonight I have confirmed my bug posted on another thread here.....Sure enough, TT5 does NOT display rest areas in NAV mode, even when set to do so. The go-around for this is to set the audio alarm and then the rest area will pop up at the last minute. Ugly.

In fact, because of the auto-zoom being stuck on in TT5, it doesn't even display the exit for a rest area unless you zoom. Try it.

Blah.

Also, why on earth would they get rid of the "center position on map" feature? I often liked to cruise in Map mode, watching the names of towns go buy. Now if I do this, I have to every 5 minutes poke my finger at the compass to scroll the *%$%$ map or else I do a Columbus and sail right off the edge of the map.

Arghhh

It's time to stop pretending that the "Emporer's new TT" is a wonderful improvement, and get some eamils into TT. Otherwise they will never be encouraged to make fixes.

Also, no more paying for TT "upgrades" they should be free until the darn thing is at least as good as it was.

jp
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok jay no arent just limited to fastest or shortest there is another option in using limited speed yes you can browse the route before it navigatinge in the route sumery page there is an button callled route select this and you are given various way to see the route

having checked the route fastest takes you off the m6 j27 turn right to stndish lights straight on then under railway bridge 14ft to junction turn let straght up to freddrick icecream on he a6 turn right a6 staight into adlington

limited runs the same as fastest but cuts a corner to take you through rawlinson lane which has a 7.5 tonne weight limit so how you got to avley lane is any ones guess as tt5 never hose this road at any point in the above 3 tests all routes originated in reget road liverpool which is in the area liverpool boats is based

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: