Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Mobile on a C500 (ahem)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Mobile on a C500 (ahem)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heyarkid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyarkid wrote:
ive done that and im still havin problems after going to setting the time it goes to the voice screen and tells me ive no voices if i press select it goes to the maps screen and tells me ive no maps. ive had enough ive done updates changed folders formatted cards ....IT'S HAMMER TIME!!!

DAM WRONG FORUM!!!
heyarkid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
ive done that and im still havin problems after going to setting the time it goes to the voice screen and tells me ive no voices if i press select it goes to the maps screen and tells me ive no maps. ive had enough ive done updates changed folders formatted cards ....IT'S HAMMER TIME!!!
sm1thson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have ‘tomtom mobile 5’ running fine on a 6600. I would like to put it on an spv C500, do I just copy all the files over from the memory card? Or is the version for the C500 different? (I would expect it to be with it been windows) I would like to know before buying a new memory card for the C500!
sm1thson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seams the answear is yes : http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=142179#142179
mrfireal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: c500 and tomtom mobile Reply with quote

Hi there can anyone help, as im going doo lally. i have tomtom mobile which i am trying to put on my c500, i have copied the files to my mini sd card and also done the updates but when i reeboot the phone all i get is the legal notice screen and i click on the I Agree button but nothing happens it just sits there!!!

any clues!!!! Crying or Very sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: c500 and tomtom mobile Reply with quote

mrfireal wrote:
Hi there can anyone help, as im going doo lally. i have tomtom mobile which i am trying to put on my c500, i have copied the files to my mini sd card and also done the updates but when i reeboot the phone all i get is the legal notice screen and i click on the I Agree button but nothing happens it just sits there!!!

any clues!!!! Crying or Very sad

Only the very early releases supported MS Smartphone/Symbian. Following that the releases were OS specific and the Symbian version cannot be installed on MS Smartphones and vice versa.
SteveC500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There,

I hope this subject is still ok to post a message up Smile

I have a serious problem with my c500 with the newest 4.2.1.4 os on it and yet still the bt serial port option in connections evades me Sad
I know this is the place where i can finally get my BT GPS working by configuring different com ports etc.. but the option just isnt there for me , anybody have any idea how to get tomtom mobile working with the standard com port setup under the settings / bluetooth option or even more perfect would be how to get my BT SerialPort option back under CONFIGURATIONS

Please help Laughing Out Loud i am at my wits end and have patched with traffic update as well and still cant get the lil bugga to see the gps device Smile

Kind Regards
Steve
Shuggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I know this isn't much help but I have the same problem with my C500 and I've been searching for a fix for it for a while. I had it working just fine before I did the ROM update but it just wont see the GPS receiver now. I only did the update as it said it would work with my hands free kit!

I had a problem before but by searching this forum I got some help with connecting COM port 7 but as you say the option is just not there anymore in Confugurations.

Hope help comes soon.

Shuggy
Shuggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now managed to get my C500 and Tomtom Mobile to pair properly with my Bluetooth receiver.
Downloaded a patch from Tomtom website and it gave me a few more options on the Tomtom menu. One is under "Change preferences" - the "show GPS status" now lets me configure with "other bluetooth device" (there was no option for this prior to the tomtom download). Just set up com port 7 as outgoing and pair it with the GPS device. Simple when you know how!

Now if I can just get Tomtom to keep the preferences after I've switched it off and back on again.

Shuggy
evo99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi there can anyone help, as im going doo lally. i have tomtom mobile which i am trying to put on my c500, i have copied the files to my mini sd card and also done the updates but when i reeboot the phone all i get is the legal notice screen and i click on the I Agree button but nothing happens it just sits there

There should be a file in the \storage\my documents\tomtom folder. Any file will do for now ( e.g. a jpg or a txt file). Tomtom will then create a config.dat file in that folder when you restart the application.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: