Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPSWorld.com to visit TeleAtlas in Belgium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPSWorld.com to visit TeleAtlas in Belgium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate's TomTom 5, when set to the shortest route sometimes takes him off at a motorway junction, only to take him straight back on (it cuts the corner) which is obviously a stupid thing to do. Is this a Tom Tom problem, or a problem with the maps themselves?
Vizz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please ask them why the latest TOM TOM map update is so inaccurate, major road changes of 12 months ago are still not included.

Why if you have purchased the recent upgrade can you not get updates to rectify the obvious errors within this last update.

I am very disapointed with the accuracy of the maps. Crying or Very sad
evilsheep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vizz wrote:
Please ask them why the latest TOM TOM map update is so inaccurate, major road changes of 12 months ago are still not included.

Why if you have purchased the recent upgrade can you not get updates to rectify the obvious errors within this last update.

I am very disapointed with the accuracy of the maps. Crying or Very sad

I'm the same, I was so disappointed to find I had paid good money for my upgrade to TT5 only to see that none of the newish roads in my area had been added. To make things worse TT expect me to pay a monthly subscription to get any future map updates! Considering how slow TeleAtlas are this sounds like a complete waste of money. Even if they do get their act together I think anyone who has bought TT5 should get at least 1 free map update after they've fixed the data.
FromOZ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, could you ask them why:
  1. There is such a significant disparity between the price of the same TeleAtlas maps (data) provided via GPS software providers like TomTom who buy maps from TeleAtlas, and the map CDs supplied directly by TeleAtlas. I have a Ford Focus which has a built-in radio/GPS, and map CDs from TeleAtlas for that cost approx. € 150 for each country whereas I can get an upgrade from TomTom for all Western European countries for just € 59.
  2. They don't do upgrades/subscriptions for existing customers (for map CDs for cars) but force you to purchase a full "licence" each time you "upgrade" your map CD as an existing customer. For a story about my frustrating dealings with TeleAtlas have a look at this entry in my blog.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnGray wrote:
I think I'd be interested in a comparison of their roads data update policy against standard printed road atlases, e.g. the excellent Philips Navigator 1½ miles to the inch Atlas, updated yearly and costing around £20 a time (before discount)

The Philips Atlas does not have the routing data necessary to perform route calculations though! It takes very much less effort to draw a new road on a map, the digital version needs categorisation, routing data etc and all this needs to relate to the surrounding and connecting roads to be of any use.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
Do they supply their map data to any car manufacturers for the built in systems, and if so how often do they update the map data for them.

They do. If you want an updated map you buy a CD/DVD released every 6 months from the car manufacturer. These can cost anywhere between £150 and £300 a time.
HotSpot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, it looks like one question its about Portugal Map. tks.

U can't imagine what is just 43% of coverage in my country.

I have a long way till i start to complain about just one or 2 street's with a wrong name. A dream so far.

Get fresh news.
vipergrm
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas when you guys will be posting the outcome of this meeting? Many thanks :D
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the middle of writing an article at the moment. It should appear by the end of the weekend (gives me a bit of leeway).
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got a Subaru Legacy with an OEM Kenwood DVD 3200 SatNav (very, very pleased with it).

Subaru release a new DVD every December. You can't use a NavTeq DVD.

But my December 2004 DVD has the same maps as my Co-Pilot 5 April 2004 NavTeq maps.

Still I wouldn't have bothered if the car's SatNav had been using TeleAtlas data.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted that article detailing the Visit to Tele Atlas. Click here to read the report and the answers to your questions.

There is a new thread here to discuss the article.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: