Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Checkpoint now available for tt5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkpoint now available for tt5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: HP2210+TT5+CP5 Reply with quote

Trev7186 wrote:
Currently i have the latest upgrade of TT5 (5.201) but ive taken off CP, Ive got the latest upgrade for that too (5.02). Any more hints or tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Trev the 5.201 upgrade is fo the tomtom go unit, not your PDA. If you have really managed to install this, it could be causing you problems. The latest tomtom version for a PDA is 5.1 - Have another look on the tomtom support page, you have to scroll quite far down for the Tomtom Navigator 5 update.

Good luck,

Ian
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: TT5+CP5 Reply with quote

Hi Brob, did you uninstall CP then manually remove all the folders that where left, then reinstall the latest version of CP? thats what i did.

Trev
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Sorry about double posting Reply with quote

couldnt find an edit? Yep ive got the CP Version 5.02 it says its for pocket PC? here the link http://www.oabsoftware.nl/count.php?fil=http://checkpoint.oabsoftware.nl/images/SetupCheckPOInt5.exe&ver=5.0.2 seems to be working fine road tested it this morning no probs (mind you it was only a short trip) had to turn of the visual display of the count down to camera bar though as it was flashing and distracting me. I'm sure with our joint efforts we will get to the bottom of this :D .

Trev
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got CheckPOInt to work OK, but only after several tries, now many of you may not do this but I always do a FULL Backup after installing anything to my PDA when I know it works fine, so as I have only 6 things loaded then after each one is loaded I back it up, so that at any stage I can restore it to whatever stage, so I Hard reset my PDA and loaded from the backup all the programs before I ever put TT 5 on it, loaded TT 5 then soft reset, loaded TT 5 update then another soft reset, then loaded CheckPOInt 5.02 and another soft reset and bingo, it works OK from either starting from CheckPOInt or from within TT 5, in fact don't seem to be able to get it to go wrong at all now, have been out on the road, navigated to a couple of local places and also just used a map and all worked fine.

Will let you know if anything else transpires.
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: TT5+CP5 Reply with quote

Hello again,
Anyone know what files or folders contain my favourites and POI's in case i ever need to do a complete reinstall of TT5?

Thanks in advance
Trev
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TT5+CP5 Reply with quote

Trev7186 wrote:
Hello again,
Anyone know what files or folders contain my favourites and POI's in case i ever need to do a complete reinstall of TT5?

Thanks in advance
Trev

It's the .cfg file in the Map Folder. Usually called Great_Britain-Map.cfg or similar.

Your custom POI's will be in the same Folder and consist of a .ov2 file with a matching .bmp.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
brob108
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: TT5+CP5 Reply with quote

Trev7186 wrote:
Hi Brob, did you uninstall CP then manually remove all the folders that where left, then reinstall the latest version of CP? thats what i did.

Trev

Hi Trev

Which files and folders should I manually delete once I have removed the Checkpoint program?
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: TT5+CP5 Reply with quote

Hi Brob,
you delete anything with reference to CP, i'm not sure if it made any difference but its worth a go.

Trev
brob108
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trev

Deleted everything Checkpoint related and still no joy alas! What system are you using TTN5 and Checkpoint on? I'm wondering if it may be a Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition/IPAQ HX 2750 issue?

Regs

Brian
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brob,
I'm using a HP2210, Windows CE 4.20 and a sysonchip CF GPS. Hope this helps.

Trev
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Oldboy :D . Is there anyway of editing my postings on this forum? I always seem to remember something else i wanted to say after ive posted, and being i memeber of other forums i know its not very good etiquet to double post. Sorry for double posting again but i would use the edit if only i could find it.

Trev
dice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Trev7186 wrote:
Thanks for the info Oldboy :D . Is there anyway of editing my postings on this forum? I always seem to remember something else i wanted to say after ive posted, and being i memeber of other forums i know its not very good etiquet to double post. Sorry for double posting again but i would use the edit if only i could find it.

Trev

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
Thats at the bottom of all threads Wink
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Ooooops sorry Oldboy it was a long day and at 3.40 am my old grey matter was turning to mush Laughing . Finally thought I'd got this TT5-CP5 thing sorted but today my PDA bombed out locking up completely when i tried to access TT5 Crying or Very sad it wouldnt even except a reinstall ive had to uninstall and start again, it was working great yesterday and all ive done since is installed an application for watching videos not supported by Media player, I cant see that would have any affect but ya never know. well I'll try again and keep you posted with the results. I've got to say i really enjoy this forum its nice to see a friendly place unlike some of the others I've visited. Well done to all those involved in its running, I'll certainly ber making this a place i visit often :D .

Trev
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh Reply with quote

Here we go again :x TT5 crashed for the second time today all i did before going out was make sure i had the sound files in place for CP so installed over the ones i already had on there. Went to use TT5 every thing ok turned CP5 on then completely locked up the Ipaq, soft reset went through the process again same result tried two more times same result then i gave up. My Partner has the same system as me and has had no problem at all but she never installs new progs or fidles with her Ipaq, so the conclusion ive got from this is that if you install anything after the initial install of TT5 and CP5 it some how affects CP5 or TT5 or the operating system? Next step for me is to reinstall TT5 and CP5 and not update or install anything and see what result i get then, to prove the point. I'll let you all know what happens.

Trev
Nokia 5800xm
Johnyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took 'Pocketgps' advice, hard reset my qtek9090, reinstalled each application one by one, finishing with 5.0, then 5.1 upgrade, then checkpoint5.0.2

This time no lockup, still flickers, but this is expected.

Does anybody know how to inprove the volume of the warning's audios provided with the speed camera POI's, since it's much lower than the inbuilt TTN5 voices?
Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: