Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - checkpoint 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

checkpoint 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brob108
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not working properly on my pda (IPAQ HX2750). When I select Checkpoint from within TTN5 and then Navigate from Checkpoint the screen locks up for some time. It seems to work a bit better when it does get going but it still feels like it's not quite integrated with TTN5. Sad
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brob108 wrote:
Still not working properly on my pda (IPAQ HX2750). When I select Checkpoint from within TTN5 and then Navigate from Checkpoint the screen locks up for some time. It seems to work a bit better when it does get going but it still feels like it's not quite integrated with TTN5. Sad

Start CheckPOInt first then within CheckPOInt select Navigate. I haven't tried it yet on the road - I will do later on today.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
mini1400
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pity Checkpoint doesn't work correctly in landscape mode Sad
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the new CheckPOInt v5.02 and it just locks as before, tried it with tt5 and with the tt5 update, both times from a hard reset, no joy for me then.
brob108
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas Checkpoint 5.02 absolutely cooked TTN5.1 on my IPAQ! Just spent some time getting it all sorted despite a backup prior to installation. I tried Checkpoint out in demo mode and it flashed up SDK Error and had to be reset...and this error occured when I went back to my previous backup too.

In the end I've deleted Checkpoint off my machine and will wait until there has been some more work on it unfortunately.
eversonl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest I still had the same problems as I did with TT5 and checkpoint 501.

I upgraded to tt51 and loaded the new checkpoint 502 it seems to be a right and a wrong way to install checkpoint.

I found that if you start TT51 and then leave it running in the background, go back to the today screen, install checkpoint, setup details then click navigate (as you need to do before you can sync) because TT is already open it can find it. otherwise you get the 'failed to start' error.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feelings on this subject are that the Author of CheckPOInt is offering a FREE program, but I also don't see why we should upgrade to TT 5.1 if we have no problems, to quote TomTom

Quote:
Why should I download this update?
This update should be downloaded in the following cases:

If you have been having problems with TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 and the phone functionality of your PDA
If you have been having problems with TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 and 3rd party (non-TomTom) GPS devices
If you have been having problems with devices which have a VGA display (640 x 480 pixels)
Unless you have been experiencing one of these problems, it is not necessary to install this update.

Well the last part of that quote is my experience, so why should I upgrade, but I have tried the upgrade and it made no difference.

I know a lot of people have had issues with TomTom 5 as can be seen on this forum, but I am sure that there is also many more who have not, so I think that the CheckPOInt route to upgrading is wrong, it may be that the TomTom SDK is not correct, or the code to hook into TomTom from CheckPOInt is not correct, perhaps they are both trying to use the same part of memory, this would give you the classic look-up that people are getting, whatever the cause I hope it can be solved as I do miss the great features it offers.
pgs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any advantages of using checkpoint 5 when tt5 handles POIs anyway?!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: