Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Checkpoint now available for tt5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkpoint now available for tt5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link

http://www.oabsoftware.nl/count.php?fil=http://checkpoint.oabsoftware.nl/images/SetupCheckPOInt5.exe&ver=5.0.2
RayD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.oabsoftware.nl/count.php?fil=http://checkpoint.oabsoftware.nl/images/SetupCheckPOInt5.exe&ver=5.0.2

Wink
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if Checkpoint 5 uses the "Adjust Volume With Vehicle Speed" setting of TTN5 for its announcements or does it use the PDA setting?

Roger
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try again after everyone has had a go ,i,mm abit of a coward after the last time i tried it :D
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
BoldBelvoir
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Still not working Reply with quote

OK all
Have tried CheckPOInt 5, .01 and .02 now and still no luck.
Installed TTN5.01 as recommended before trying the latest 5.0.2 and removed the SDK files, but iPAQ still locks up.
Removed 5.0.2, leaving TTN 5.0.1 on and still will not open. Maybe it's a problem with TT, not just CheckPOInt.

Have now istalled/removed various combos about 5 times and am getting to the point of giving up.

Will restore my iPAQ to previous config and wait til this mess sorts itself out.
Johnyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely 5.0.1 did not lock up my device, but 5.0.2 does (Qtek9090).
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When have people found the lockup occurring?
Is it immediate from starting TomTom Navigator, after a set time period, after a number of POI alerts, etc?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have tried it now on my H2210. The only problem I seem to have on using the demo mode is that the CheckPOInt warning keeps flashing on and off. TT5.1 hasn't locked up at all yet.

Steve
MikeRohan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here (h2210, TT5.1 and Checkpoint 5.0.2)
No locks or crashes, but the flickering of Checkpoint warnings is annoying...

Mike
Johnyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lockup Experienced:
Start CP5.0.2, start navigation, Few seconds into journey TTN5.1 locks.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like SteveW and MikeRohan, I have an iPAQ h2210 running TomTom Navigator 5, with CheckPOInt 5.0.2. The GPS receiver is a GlobalSat BT-338.

No lockups so far, but I only installed CheckPOInt yesterday and I've only gone for a few miles this lunchtime.

I have to say the flickering of the popup window and the distance bar is annoying. The popup window is quite large (too deep). However they are my own views. Don't forget that CheckPOInt is free and it is a good way of recording new sites.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: HP2210+TT5+CP5 Reply with quote

Hi all
I'm new to this forum so be gentle with me Laughing . Those people that have the HP2210 working with TT5 and CP5 are they clean installs of one or both or are they upgrades? I like alot of others am having all sorts of probs with TT5 locking my PDA up and the only recourse is to do a soft restart. Currently i have the latest upgrade of TT5 (5.201) but ive taken off CP, Ive got the latest upgrade for that too (5.02). Any more hints or tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Trev
BarMuda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have version 5.01 working fine (with the exception that the "add new poi" button doesnt seem to work), but my brother in law couldnt get it to work and it keeps locking up. It locked up as soon as he started tom tom.
It then transpires that i have the TT 5.01 update, and he didnt.

Anyhow, to get TT working again he had to copy the files made from a back up of his SD card over the existing files.

he hasnt tried the new upgrade yet, but hopefully this will now work.

So i would advise anyone having any doubts to back up your SD card first then try the upgrade and then install checkpoint 5.2.

As to the flickering, simply turn off the display in "settings" "general settings" and uncheck the box titled "show warning information".
you still get the audible warning and TT displays the POI icon anyhow so i dont see why i need the distance to it. besides, i find most of the cameras are never spot on and cant rely on it 100 %

I turned mine off due to the flickering and the fact i have my screen rotated to landscape, but checkpoint still showed in portait. a little annoying, but its a great tool and its free, so i cant complain !!!
Trev7186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: 2110+TT5+CP Reply with quote

Well i think ive cracked it :D . After hours of fiddling i found what i hadnt noticed before and that was the CP icon on the very last page of the menu on TT5, so i started CP after starting Tomtom (originaly had CP starting TT5 for me) and bingo everything seems to be working ok. I havent been out on the road with it yet (but ive run the Demo and all the Cameras are showing up) but first thing tommorow i'll road test it and let you know. So to sum up. If you have the option to start TT5 when you start CP check box ticked in the CP options and you where using the CP icon to start both CP and TT5 DONT! Start TT5 first then scroll to the far right on the menu and start CP from there. Fingers crossed for tommorow.

Trev
brob108
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2110+TT5+CP Reply with quote

[quote="Trev7186"]Well i think ive cracked it :D .
Quote:
After hours of fiddling i found what i hadnt noticed before and that was the CP icon on the very last page of the menu on TT5, so i started CP after starting Tomtom (originaly had CP starting TT5 for me) and bingo everything seems to be working ok.

Trev

I tried it in that order also and alas it didn't work for me! !!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: