Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ** TomTom Nav 5 and FS Loox **
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

** TomTom Nav 5 and FS Loox **

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DopeyDylan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: ** TomTom Nav 5 and FS Loox ** Reply with quote

Hi All!

I've recently got a FS Loox 720. At the point of purchase the main driving force was getting a GPS system for the car.

Hmmmm.... Frustration!

I've read many a review here and elsewhere on t'internet, and everyone 'seems' to say the same.... TomTom is good?!?!?

However:
1) Tom tom 'had' changed their online docs to say TT5 is not compatible with ALL Fujitsu Siemens PDA's, but would be by autumn.

2) Since announcing point (1), the online docs only show what is compatible right now (which does not include ANY FS models!), and suggest very little help if further enquiries are made.

3) Other sources suggest that TT5 works, but often hangs on the FS range

This leaves 'this GPS virgin' in a dilemma! Any help would be massively appreciated!

q1) Has anyone got TT5 working with any FS loox model? If so, could you post details of the configurations that do work (or work with whatever side effects!)?!? (ie. FS Loox XXX with "BT Non Wired"/"Wired" MakeModel GPS system, running TT5?!?)

Q2) Do you recommend any other GPS software/Hardware for the FS Loox PDA's that works/you are happy with?!?!?

Q3) Wired or BT? That is the question?!

Thanks to anyone that is kind enough to reply!

King regards,
Dylan
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It runs fine on a Loox 420 with a Socket bluetooth GPS.

The software only package shows the Loox 720 as compatible:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/compatibility.php?ID=109&Language=1

At the moment there are anomalies in the way the software works, but that is the same for all platforms it runs on.

I have tried a number of the other navigation offerings out there and I think that TTN5 is probably the best but still has many areas where the software is seriously lacking and doesn't perform as expected.

Roger
DopeyDylan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:

The software only package shows the Loox 720 as compatible:

Thanks for the prompt response. So if the 'software' is compatible, does that mean the problem is with TomTom's GPS hardware?

Can I assume that if I buy a GPS reciever that is compatible with my LOOX, all should work reasonably ok?!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt response. So if the 'software' is compatible, does that mean the problem is with TomTom's GPS hardware?

Can I assume that if I buy a GPS reciever that is compatible with my LOOX, all should work reasonably ok?!

I'm not in a position to answer that but I would expect that it would work.

Roger
Samba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a pocket loox 610 and have run TomTom v.3 and now v.5 for over a year now, I found v.3 very stable but with v.5 it somtimes loses sats. for a few seconds.
I have a wired reciever.
qwerty12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: 720 works perfectly Reply with quote

My pocket loox 720 works perfectly with no probs.
1 minor thing though, rename the 2577 folder in the LOOXstore to 27770.
Then put in the tomtom memory card. You need to do that because the looxstore stops the tomtom installation starting but after you have installed you can rename it back.
Hope this helps
qwerty12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no edit button.

I use mine with an navman bluetooth reciever (other bluetooth reciever) and what is great is that I just switch on the Navman and load tomtom. My bluetooth starts up and connects to the reciever (instead of me going to the bluetooth manager) then gets an gps signal (you need tomtom 5.1).
But for an LOOX dont use SmartST because LOOX has some GAPI probs (they dont affect tomtom) and when I was using it; it would take me halfway and the screen would freeze (GAPI) I would tap the screen to hear directions at the wrong times.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: