Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - North America maps in UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

North America maps in UK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baldlygo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: North America maps in UK Reply with quote

I've just ordered the Navigator 5 upgrade and await my UK map upgrade. I have trips planned for Florida and Canada later in the year and would consider buying North America TT5 maps.
One retailer in the UK thinks that I can only get these from the US - does anyone know where I can order them?
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read somewhere that the TomTom USA/Canada maps are due for release in the UK before the end of the month. I am not sure where I read this though.

I am also interested in buying a copy so please post a reply if you find them.

Ian
ichilton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd also be interested in this as we are going to the US in July so please let us know if you find anything!

Thanks

--ian
Loobster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all of the bugs and lack of functionality in v5, I am sticking with v3 for my upcoming USA trip, as I already have USA maps that work with that!

--Loob.
ichilton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Where did you get them from and how much?

Thanks

--ian
enticknap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: USA Maps in the UK? Reply with quote

I have Tom Tom Navigator installed on my Ipaq 1940. We are travelling to Orlando shortly and I am interested to know if it is possible to buy maps of the orlando region so that I can take my UK system and use it in the US. Do you know if it is possible and if so how much they are and where I can get them? I have searched the forums but this is the nearest post I could find.

Thanks

Simon
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware you cannot get TT maps for single states in the US. TT2004 was a completely seperate program with all the US as I believe TT5 for the US will be too. Loads of money for just one state required. A good idea for those of us that Holiday or go to work would be to sell single States. When I visit the US its holiday Florida or work in Nevada & California thats all I want 3 States not all 52.

Mapopolis is the only program I know that does the States you require.
GlenW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Tomtom about US maps for TT5 about a month ago and they pointed me to faq at http://www.tomtom.com/3273...

"When will the new maps of the USA and Western Europe be available for TomTom GO and NAVIGATOR?

The maps of the USA and Western Europe for TomTom (GO, GO 300, GO 500 and GO 700) will be available at the end of July 2005.

The maps of the USA and Western Europe for TomTom NAVIGATOR will also be available at the end of July 2005."

They don't have much time as this is the 31st July!
stephen160
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be using my pda with tt5 in Florida at the end of the month. If all goes well I will be renting out my pda to guests going to my Orlando villa.
Over the years I have had several guests go missing for several hours going many miles out of they way, hopefully this may solve that problem

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com
enticknap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Glen - from there answer it should be no problem to pop out to the shops tomorrow Laughing If anyone else finds an answer it looks as though there is quite a lot of interest out there. I'll post if I find a solution.

Regards

Simon
enticknap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy - This may be a really dumb question but if I download a map from mapopolis do I store it on the SD card and then select it as a new map in Tom Tom (i.e does it work with Tom Tom) or does it run using its own software?

Thanks

Simon
Loobster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say that I am back from the USA, my Tomtom 2004 USA maps worked perfectly with TT3. Superb.

--Loob.
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tomtom v5 USA upgrade program has begun so I guess the maps should be available over here in Europe soon. I read (on GPS Passion)that it is now possible to put the whole of the USA on one 1GB memory card now so that cross country trips are possible.

Ian
superseagulls
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: USA Maps dispatched Reply with quote

I have just today had confirmation from EXPANSYS that my TomTOm 5 USA (Software only) has shipped, a good price to!

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=122024

Anyway now in stock, not sure if it will work with UK maps though? Anyone have a definive answer?
longwori
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: USA Maps dispatched Reply with quote

superseagulls wrote:
not sure if it will work with UK maps though? Anyone have a definive answer?

I would expect it to but can you confirm this when you get it going? I take it you have the UK version already installed?

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: