Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 5 and Bluetooth GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 5 and Bluetooth GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADB100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 and Bluetooth GPS Reply with quote

I previously had Navigator 4.40 installed with my iPAQ and I followed the instructions on here to uninstall the New GPS driver and reinstall GPS Driver 2.06 so that I could use the Bluetooth GPS with MS Pocket Streets. I have now installed Navigator 5 and there seems to be 2 things under 'Remove Programs' - there is 'TomTom ~ Bluetooth Support' and 'TomTom GPS'.

I don't want to screw things up by removing the wrong thing nor do I know if I can remove the GPS driver and install the old one as I can't find the link on the website regarding the procedure.

Can anyone help?

Andy
ADB100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the link for removing the old GPS Driver and installing the 2.06 one:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-navigator-bt-dummy-guide.php

There is nothing on here relating to Navigator 5 though, only 3 and 4 (or the HP Navigation System as it was sold). Anyone know what the options are for Navigator 5.x (I updated to 5.10 as well).

Andy
Bazajin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using TTN3 on an iPaq hx4700 with a Navman bluetooth GPS receiver successfully but now I've installed TTN5 it wont recognise the Navman even though I configure TTN5 to 'other bluetooth receiver', set the correct port, etc.

The iPaq connects to the Navman via bluetooth manager but when I check the status it shows the signal strength to be too strong.

Anyone experiencing similar problems or have managed to connect a Navman successfully? - or got a solution!
mervyncp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Navigator 5 and Bluetooth Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem.

It was fixed when I downloaded and installed the 5.1 update from the TomTom site
Hope it works for you

Bestb regards
Mervyn
ADB100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unistalled 4.40 and then installed 5.00, selected Other Bluetooth GPS on COM7 (that is what my iPAQ is configured for) and it sprang into life. I installed the 5.10 update and it continued to work - not noticed any difference as yet, although I haven't road tested it yet. My Bluetooth GPS is not badged although looks exactly like this:

I did try MS Pocket Streets and surprisingly it worked without me unistalling anything. Have TomTom changed the functionality of the Bluetooth driver and/or GPS driver?

I seem to remember there were memory benefits of uninstalling the newer GPS driver and using the older 2.06 driver? Can I still do this? (my original question.......)

Andy
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use othet wired gps then set the baud rate to 38400 then select you usual com port

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Bazajin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alix776 - works a treat.

Bazajin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: