Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 - using 'Advanced Planning'
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 - using 'Advanced Planning'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: TTN5 - using 'Advanced Planning' Reply with quote

Despitre there being several topics around this area, I still can't find the answer to this question. What I want to do is fairly simple:

I want to plan a journey in advance - from my home ('down south') to a place 'up north'. I plan the journey using 'Advanced Planning'. I review the route, make a few changes (e.g. avoid a particular road, make sure it uses the M6 Toll Road etc.). Finally, I'm happy with my route.

How do I then make sure this route is used when I actually make my journey in a couple of days time? I could leave the route programmed in, but I may want to plan other routes or use TTN5 for another route in the meantime.

Is there no way I can save my route?

Thanks for your help!
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not no. It's one of the annoying features! That and you can't plan an itinery without a GPS signal.
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the reply. I hadn't bothered using itinerary planning for the exact reason you mentioned - you need a GPS fix to do it.

It's a real shame, because I must be one of the few people on here who reckons TTN5 is a great improvement over TTN3! The screen updating is much faster, the maps seem more up-to-date, it's got a lot of nice new features and it doesn't lose Bluetooth connection any more like TTN3 used to.
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a known bug that I'm sure they'll fix in the update. Cant you just switch on your GPS and stick it on your window sill till they do?
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opininon, this is one of the major deficiencies in TT5 as compared with TT3. I don't know if I'm unusual, but I frequently used the itinerary function to plan routes, test them out and then save for use later.
You can only do this with TT5 when connected to a GPS receiver, and even then you can only plan a journey which starts at the GPS position. I am shortly going to France, and need to plan 3 days journeys in advance. To do so, I had to restore TT3 on my PDA and use that.
Lutz has listed this as a bug. TomTom have sent me an email saying the function is not available on TT5, so I am far from confident that it will be fixed in a future patch. TomTom reps at Newport said that a proper itinerary planning function was "high on the wish list", whatever that means!
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
In my opininon, this is one of the major deficiencies in TT5 as compared with TT3. I don't know if I'm unusual, but I frequently used the itinerary function to plan routes, test them out and then save for use later.

Like you I use nearly every day as I get a list of destinations I need to cover 3-4 days in advance. Hence one of the reasons I won't use V5. The other is that I use V3's avoids to force TT to take me to either of 2 junctions on the M27 depending if I am going east or west.

Robin2 wrote:
Lutz has listed this as a bug. TomTom have sent me an email saying the function is not available on TT5, so I am far from confident that it will be fixed in a future patch. TomTom reps at Newport said that a proper itinerary planning function was "high on the wish list", whatever that means!
Robin

I got the same reply when I spoke to them they implied that it would be an addition feature in a future release rather than in an update.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: