Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Holux CR-100
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Holux CR-100
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isnt a way round it im afraid its becuase the speaker is so close to the phone

say you playing a cd in you car using a cd walkman and a wired tape if the phone changes cell or you make or receiver a call you will get the same feedback if the phone is to close the cd player or the wire connecting it

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
sarma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to convert the holux cr100 to use it with a medion ppc 250?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure but i wouldnt try it if the connector is the same the pin layout will be different meaning you medion wouold get fried at the moment i think its only the hp22xx series and xda2 and 2i that can use the cr100 have a look at sedio they might do one

device Lumia 950 xl
sarma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I rather hoped that there would be a converter plug that I could buy or make. I cannot find anything on the Seidio site.
CBDSonline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be the solution to all XDAii users with active sync problems.

Please let me test this out for a few days before anyone tries it out and poss kills either there xdaii or kills the holux cr100.

Having played with my xdaii for a while building usb chargers and moding ipaq hardware to work with an xdaii i read and hangout on XDA forums.

I have the pinout diag for the xdaii connector (and its the same as xda) apart from speaker pinout. When pin 6 (serial DCD) is pulled up to 5 or 6v it auto powers the xda and trigers activesync.

I cracked open my (brand new just arrived today) CR100 and examined the connector. Pin 6 is linked to pin 20, 21 and 22 (power +) so it pulls pin6 to 5v and auto powers the xdaii kicking Activesync in as soon as power is supplied to the CR100.

I took the pcb and made a small cut in the track that goes to pin 6 just above the small via that connects the two sides of the pcb track to pin 20,21 and 22. I rebuilt the CR100 and plugged my 12v psu into the unit.

green power light comes on and orange gps light comes on.. (proves the CR100 has power) i plugged my xdaii in and it did not auto power. When i powerd the xdaii up it just sat nice on the main screen and NO sign of Activesync.

Its sitting here in my loft no where near the window on 6 locked sats quiet happy.

Xdaii is running TomTom 5.10 and TomTom Cable GPS is selected

Please give me a few days to fully test and i will report back if all is good and will attach an image of the connector and where to make the modification. Laughing
HOLUX UK Tech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Cutting Pin 6 on the CR100 Reply with quote

Hi,
Yes, the solution to the activesync problem with the XDA is to cut pin6 in the CR100 connector. We have tested this with a number of units in the field and there have been no problems with either the XDA or the CR100 after having done this modification.
We are trying to get this done at manufacture so that the problem doesn't arise.
Hope this helps,
Julie
CBDSonline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Holux UK Tech says i have used this for 2 days with no problems.

Holux UK Tech might also want to look into removing pin 5 from ground as this is an analogue audio ground not a system ground and might help some of the feedback comming through the cr100 speakers when the phone is active

It is also possible to hardwire the audio direct from the adxii connector to the speaker connector in the cr100 and this removes the need to use the external audio cable. The only drawback is that the when the phone rings it hangs up straight away. personally i dont use the phone side of the xdaii so i dont care but i am looking into it

Enjoy the Mods if they work for you
CBDSonline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to the phone auto hangup when someone calls it when you do the internal audio mod is that you need pin2 to be cut from ground.

Pin 2 is on the front beside the led and is attached to ground down the side of the connection and at the bottom so it should be attached to ground in 2 places.

Carefull use of a sharp scalpell / craft knife and testing with a multimeter should be all it takes to disconnect pin 2.

I have tried it and is working good. Only problem remains is you need to remove the XDAii from the cr100 to answer it as the cr100 aint got any internal mic.

Maybe Holux can look into adding a mic and the wires for internal speaker and that would make the cr100 the total answer for handsfree and satnav

Most XDA's and Ipaq's have audio on the bottom connector and internal audio would make a better selling point that having to attach a cable every time you want to use it. Adding 3 wires to each board and modding the connector pcb would be easy.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my other post, I've now tried Navman Smart ST V3, Tom Tom Navigator 5 and Destinator PN, all of which have the same problem. Whenever I plug my headset into the socket on the top of my Orange SPV M2000, I loose the GPS in all these programs. The M2000 is essentially an HTC Blue Angel rebadged. All these programs exhibit the same problem so I can only presume that there is a hardware issue with the Blue Angel and my GPS port (port 1). Does anyone have a clue what the Blue Angel does when you plug in the headset that could cause such a problem using the HOLUX or perhaps even a fix?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you culd just turn the port off with in active sync its self

start>activsync>tools>options>in the pc tab options again uncheck enablepc sync using this conection

recheck the box to sync with the pc

device Lumia 950 xl
cgriff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo_hippo wrote:
Further to my other post, I've now tried Navman Smart ST V3, Tom Tom Navigator 5 and Destinator PN, all of which have the same problem. Whenever I plug my headset into the socket on the top of my Orange SPV M2000, I loose the GPS in all these programs. The M2000 is essentially an HTC Blue Angel rebadged. All these programs exhibit the same problem so I can only presume that there is a hardware issue with the Blue Angel and my GPS port (port 1). Does anyone have a clue what the Blue Angel does when you plug in the headset that could cause such a problem using the HOLUX or perhaps even a fix?

same here no gps device after a spoken command works great if i dont plug anything in the headphone socket on the spv m2000
JM-HoluxUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo_hippo wrote:
Whenever I plug my headset into the socket on the top of my Orange SPV M2000, I loose the GPS in all these programs. Does anyone have a clue what the Blue Angel does when you plug in the headset that could cause such a problem using the HOLUX or perhaps even a fix?

Hi,
Can you tell me what is happening to the LED's on the CR100 when this happens? When you say you are plugging the headset in, is this the speaker cable supplied with the CR100 or a mobile phone headset?
Cheers,
Julie
cgriff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It dose not matter what is pluged into the headphone sockect (headphones cr-100 lead just a lead going nowhere)after a voice prompt you lose gps device then get it back about 5 secs later the red led on the cr-100 keeps flashing all the time and the grenn stays on aswell.if you leve the spv m2000 headphone socket free then the cr-100 works perfect.i bought two one for me and one for a friend there both the same and have tried with 5 spvm2000 all brand new came from orange in the last 3 weeks hope this helps you post if you need more info
JM-HoluxUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
A member of our tech support team has spoken to Jimbo_Hippo and it would appear that there is some configuration within the M2000 that is cutting out the com port when sound is supplied to the headphone socket. It looks like there must be something within the firmware of the M2000 that is causing this, as the same problem doesn't appear to occur in any of the other BlueAngel clones.
With Jimbo_Hippo's help we hope to be able to offer a solution to the problem.
Regards,
Julie
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those using the Orange SPV M2000 there is a solution here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28701

And its nothing to do with the Holux product. After initial issues with the speaker, still going strong after 4 months of battering.
Holux GPSslim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: