Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTM5 on Nokia 6630 - Which Car Phone Holder do you recomend?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTM5 on Nokia 6630 - Which Car Phone Holder do you recomend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yus786
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: TTM5 on Nokia 6630 - Which Car Phone Holder do you recomend? Reply with quote

Just waiting delivery for my TT5 kit - however was just wondering what kind of holders you guys are using?

Thanks
ClockworkCar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a suction mounted windscreen holder, but instead of a cradle I opted for the magnetic holder. It means you have to glue a small metal plate onto the back of the phone, but it's unobrusive and it does make the phone look neater in car and will show off the 6630 well (I'm upgrading to a 6630 from a 6600 soon :D )

Although it's suction mounted, it has a screw mechinism to attach to the windscreen - no spit required!! It holds the phone firmly and makes a satisfying 'clunk' when you engage the phone to the stem. I find without a chunky cradle, I can have the phone mounted closer to my direct field of vision, almost like the head up display's used by pilots, without blocking the rest of my view. I also find it easier to hear the voice instructions as it closer to my head Wink

As usual, available from eBay Laughing Laughing
ramzez
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the one which sticks to the windscreen, no glue needed. however, when i am driving it shakes a bit, does anyone the best place to avoid it?
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the genuine Nokia Phone Holder CR-1?

Carl,
trancer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that Nokia holder come with all the brackets, bits and bobs to mount it in your car?.

From what I gather it has to be used with the Nokia handsfree car kit which costs an additional £99 which I don't want to spend as I don't need the mics and speakers etc that come with it, and you are obviously paying those at £99!!.

Does anyone know of a holder that supplies power to the 6630 without you having to manually plug in the seperate phone charger lead everytime?.
laich71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soory to interupt CJackel492, but how did you upload the picture?
-Bazza-
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramzez wrote:
i have the one which sticks to the windscreen, no glue needed. however, when i am driving it shakes a bit, does anyone the best place to avoid it?

Mine used to shake quite a lot until I realised the little plastic tabs holding it to the suction cup were breaking one at a time, eventually it fell off completely. I couldn't believe how fragile it actually was.

Now I have a vent mounted holder, now it's a handy place almost next to my steering wheel, I can press the buttons without letting go of the wheel. It's also much easier to read as it's closer and doesn't bounce around.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: