Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator PN upgrade - will it ever go on sale in the UK?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator PN upgrade - will it ever go on sale in the UK?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
broc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Destinator PN upgrade - will it ever go on sale in the UK? Reply with quote

According to the Destinator Europe Press release for Destinator PN, the announced price for Destinator PN with Western Europe maps was 137.50 euros. They further announced "An upgrade to Destinator PN is available for all owners of a navigation system at a cost of 79,90 €."......
So far all I have seen on offer in the UK is full product licences, with no sign of the upgrade. Has anyone seen/heard if the upgrade will go on sale? I don't feel inclined to pay full price, having bought D3 just over a year ago. I would however like more up to date map data.

Brian
s93ncer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Destinator PN upgrade - will it ever go on sale in the U Reply with quote

broc wrote:
According to the Destinator Europe Press release for Destinator PN, the announced price for Destinator PN with Western Europe maps was 137.50 euros. They further announced "An upgrade to Destinator PN is available for all owners of a navigation system at a cost of 79,90 €."......
So far all I have seen on offer in the UK is full product licences, with no sign of the upgrade. Has anyone seen/heard if the upgrade will go on sale? I don't feel inclined to pay full price, having bought D3 just over a year ago. I would however like more up to date map data.

Brian

Give IncarDiscount a ring - they have them in stock and next day delivery!

...Spence
s93ncer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry,

08707 606 110 or www.incardiscount.co.uk

...Spence
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased an upgrade direct from Destinator's upgrade site in Germany. The site is www.comwave.de. The guys on the site emailed back in good English to all my questions. The only slight problem was the only way they would accept payment was by Bank Transfer direct to their bank which I arrange through my back. I think the upgrade is now EUR 79.90 although I only paid EUR 49.90 - a special price which I think ended on 1st June. Once despatched it arrived in a couple of days.

David R
Mr_Walker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive emaild them 2 times with questions about the upgrade, but no answer.
I live in sweden.
/Mr Walker
broc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Why do I feel we are being ripped off in the UK - again? Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel slightly annoyed to find that consumers in Germany can buy a Destinator PN upgrade for 79 euros, Destinator 3.075 customers in Israel can have a free upgrade to PN, while good old British customers have to pay £100 (150 euros)?
s93ncer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do I feel we are being ripped off in the UK - again? Reply with quote

broc wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel slightly annoyed to find that consumers in Germany can buy a Destinator PN upgrade for 79 euros, Destinator 3.075 customers in Israel can have a free upgrade to PN, while good old British customers have to pay £100 (150 euros)?

Someone is giving you really bad info on the upgrade price in the UK!

I'll find out exactly how much the RRP is for an upgrade is tomorrow and post it here!

...Spence

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: