Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Version 2.22 !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Version 2.22 !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom Version 2.22 ! Reply with quote

I work by reading the upgrade release notes very carefully - and only bothering with the upgrade if I think there is anything relevant to problems I'm having.

There again, I do keep copious backups of everything, old versions of software, notes as to what I installed when and so on (this is the system administrator in me showing through, I guess!).

David
Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TomTom Version 2.22 ! Reply with quote

Could I ask for more details on downgrading to ver 2.00? Does the process wipe everything off the Ipaq? If so, does the Ipaq installation CD contain all the programs that had previously been on it? If it doesn't (eg I don't think Word and Excel are there) where does one get them?

Thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

The downgrade process wipes everything off (minus the iPAQ File Store). Yes, the install CD has all the original programs that you may or may not need. Word, Excel etc are part of the ROM image. Depending on your ROM size there are some proggies that have to be loaded into RAM (only applicable for iPAQs with 16 MB ROM). Those will of course have to be reinstalled.

NB: Don't try to do a CF backup/restore. Most probably this will not work with the changed ROM version. Rather copy the files to your desktop with ActiveSync and then after the downgrade you can re-synchronize.

Lutz

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

Many thanks
Ianh
Regular Visitor

IMHO..This is by far the best update to come out of TomTom, both in terms of useful functionality and improvements to stability and gps receiving.   Although I was using gps driver 2.05 with TTNav 2.05, the new combination of 2.05 with 2.22 has increased my receiption from 4-6 sats to 8-10 sats, with a vast improvement to TTFF (Seconds rather than minutes!!).

Anyone know whats happened to the Beta Testing programme within TT, I was involved early doors with version 1, but since v2 my contact within TT has stopped replying to e-mails ref testing.
JimC
Occasional Visitor

I have noticed something odd since changing to V2.22 that definitely did not happen previously to me, using an ipaq 5450 with emtac BT GPS.

With the GPS connected OK, after plotting a route, going into demonstration mode, then exiting from the route demo, I have to select the BT connection again.

This was not happening with v2.05, but I did update the ROM image a couple of days before doing the TT update. TT 2.05 was working OK after the ROM update, but I can't remember if I did a demo route. Therefore not sure if TT2.22 has caused this or the ROM update.

Fuego
Regular Visitor

On the TT Support site, it says (regarding v2.22):

A problem was fixed that could cause the system to become unstable. Especially on devices with the latest ROM revisions, such as the Compaq Ipaq 3970 or the Dell Axim, the application could freeze or even silently exit.

I had hoped that this was a fix for the "freeze" issue that many people are having (characterised by frozen GPS communication bars in GPS status screen), but sadly it appears that it is not. I installed the update and tested it and I had two freezes on a 45 minute journey this morning.

Cessquill
Regular Visitor

Please tell me it didn't just ask me "Are you sure you want to exit?" That's all I need - pointless extra button pushes that you can't disable.

Still, I'm sure that everything else is an improvement.
Mark R Penn
Regular Visitor

Yep, it asked! It wouldn't be so bad if it at least had a finger sized "Yes of course I do - why do you think I told you to in the first place?" button, but they've added a button we can hit with our fingers, and then made that pointless 'cause we have to get our stylus out to confirm what we want to do!

I sometimes wonder if these developers devote too much of their logical thought to the code, so there's none left for real world useability!
lapinjatka
Occasional Visitor

2.22, ipaq 5450, rom 1.11.19

navigator.exe illegal operation

exception 0x0000005

address: 000b2b68

2.02 works fine

going back to rom 1.10

TomTom Navigator 5, TeleType Navigator
Genimap Navigator, Destinator (old v. 2)
Fugawi 3.x
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I used to be a ROM update fanatic, now I don't touch the . From my experience on the ROM updates is if it aint broken, it soon will be!

Duncan took a brand new 3870 out recently when we were testing CoPilot Live, and flashed it to the latest ROM to only have it up half way through. I loath ROM upgrades!

ROM updates
massi
Occasional Visitor

Still doesn't work with Destinator SiRF receiver (Leadtek 9531). I would be very curious to know if it works or not with any other SiRF unit!

I'm still angry with them.

Gadjet
Regular Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Fuego on 16 June 2003

On the TT Support site, it says (regarding v2.22):

I installed the update and tested it and I had two freezes on a 45 minute journey this morning.

I tried 2.22 for the first time today on a long journey and it locked up on me about three times and the weird thing I noticed was the speed indicator was always on 58 mph when it locked up I wonder is there a bug in the SW, has anyone else noticed this???

IPAQ 3870, ROM 2.20

Phil
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

How can you tell what version of ROM you have installed - I have a iPAQ 3850??
Gadjet
Regular Visitor

When you do a soft reset it should appear at the bottom of the screen, it does on my 3870.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: