Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Has your TTN5 upgrade shipped yet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Has your TTN5 upgrade shipped yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tydo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you order it?
JJ28
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24/6 is when I ordered it.

Now where was that post about installing it!
Acropolis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine on the 20/6 and it still has not been sent, this is not good enough, they have taken the money alright.

I have just emailed stating i want it disptached this week or they can cancel the order and refund my money, from what i can gather, it aint really worth having in any case.
icehot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order was placed on the 2nd of June, and I still dont have it yet - my order status was changed to captured about 2 weeks ago, and from that point I was invoiced, but it's still showing as being in the warehouse.
mike30
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the guys @ Pocket Gps World would be interested with the message I sent Friday Evening to Tomtom (I will post the reply When I get it this week, so stay tune).

"Message sent to Tomtom"
If you have got it so right with the process then how is it that Standsted Airport J8 and Braintree Essex A120 and A130 to Basildon Essex are totally incorrect? Especially when I have already well into last year reported these errors to you and still nothing has been done about them.
"Strange" but not surprising.
Oh by the way check out

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

To see how happy your customers really are.
I will not be buying any more Tomtom products in the future and will convert others to do like wise.
Yours sadly A very unhappy Customer.

By the way if they do decide to read our comments then let them have it and see how unhappy we really have been since they have "TAKEN US ALL FOR A RIDE"
vaioable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike30 wrote:
I thought the guys @ Pocket Gps World would be interested with the message I sent Friday Evening to Tomtom (I will post the reply When I get it this week, so stay tune).

"Message sent to Tomtom"
If you have got it so right with the process then how is it that Standsted Airport J8 and Braintree Essex A120 and A130 to Basildon Essex are totally incorrect? Especially when I have already well into last year reported these errors to you and still nothing has been done about them.
Oh by the way check out

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I will not be buying any more Tomtom products in the future and will convert others to do like wise.

By the way if they do decide to read our comments then let them have it and see how unhappy we really have been since they have "TAKEN US ALL FOR A RIDE"

I have also cancelled my T5 upgrade and told them that they should take a look at PocketGPSworld and the TT forum. I gather that they already know about it but the more that let them know the better.

Lee
bloxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saga goes on here is a summary of my correspondence.

To TomTom support:
Your previous response was not at all helpful, you have now taken paymnt from my card 6 days ago yet my order status is still warehouse, I am not in the habit of making interest free loans to overseas companies, my standard interest rate is a flat rate of 15% charged daily currently you owe me 127.11 Euro you will be receiving my invoice!

Reply:
We apologize for the delay and are working to expedite your order.
With best regards,
The TomTom Customer Support Team

To TomTom support:
That still does not explain why you debited my Amex card on 7th June one month ago without any intention of delivering the goods. I believe the technical term for this is fraud!

Reply:
Payment was taken June 25 (though it may have appeared as "authorized" by your credit card company earlier). We have taken payment 3 weeks after the order date because this is the maximum window credit card companies will allow an "authorized" order to sit in limbo. If we had not taken payment (though order is not yet ready to ship) we would have had to cancel your order, hence, causing you even more undue inconvenience.
As already stated and as you agreed to at the time you placed your order, we ask 5 weeks for delivery. Be assured, with this correspondence, that we have attached a note and prioritized your order.
Again, we apologize for the delay.
With best regards,

To TomTom Support:
My credit card statment shows the date of transaction as 7th june 2005 had it been taken on the 25th it would be on the following months bill. That means I have to settle the amount on this months bill though I have not recieved the goods. No other company I have dealt with behaves in this outragous manner. I ask again how do you propose compensate me for this financial malpractice? I have no problem with a 5 week delivery as long as payment is taken when the goods are shipped as every other reputatable company does.

Reply:
Your card was authorized on June 7. Our payment service provider, Bibit, verified your card and set the funds aside in YOUR account. This would have reduced your available balance but not increased your balance owed.
As of June 25, your order was captured and the money transferred. This was to prevent cancellation of your order. This is not our preferred practice, obviously.
Again we are sorry for the inconvenience. Your order has been exepedited.
With best regards,

Checked orderstatus again today, guess what ? Warehouse

As I said before, BUNCH OF CROOKS and now I can confirm also LIARS
Gustman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order date 22/06, Number 625xxx.

I chased some time ago asking TT to be quick as I'm going on holiday. Response yesterday along the lines of you agreed to 5 weeks when you placed the order.

I responded last night (updated question) by posting the URL for this thread showing people with later orders receiving their goods.

Their response this morning:

"Your order 625xxx has been shipped on Jul 07 2005 11:03AM."

May be coincidence, but I think it's worth pushing them a little by email.
mike30
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike30 wrote:

"Message sent to Tomtom"
Oh by the way check out

Well, I suppose the feed back from Tomtom wasn’t all that surprising to say the least.

From Tomtom:
Thank you very much for the feedback. A DIGITAL map error can occur just as these errors can occur on paper maps.

Our map data is supplied by the DIGITAL map provider Tele Atlas. You can report map errors/ommisions now on our website. Please go to the HOME Tab at the top of the webpage http://www.tomtom.com.

Choose UK English. Go into the SUPPORT Tab at the top of this page. Click MY TOMTOM on the left. Log into MY TOMTOM on our website. Once you have done this on the left click report map errors.

Unfortunately we are unable to correct existing maps errors.

It would be nice if they said we are working on these issues and will be able to send updates asap. But I suppose this might hurt there profits margin with the Plus Services running "Street maps" where you pay for the maps to be corrected???
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered 20/6 no.621###

At least you are getting replies to your questions I have had no response to my question or follow up question.
vaioable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
May be coincidence, but I think it's worth pushing them a little by email.

Well I did.

Told them I wanted it cancelled and explained why. Pointed them here so they could read the user feedback.
Unlike others who then suddenly got theirs shipped they just said "ok" and cancelled the order.

Looks like they are giving up to me and cant be bothered to keep custom.
I will be looking else where for future functionality but as it stand right now I'm on Nav3. Odd thing is is that apart from map errors im happy with it.
It would seem that my only reason for upgrading to 5 was for better maps.
That doesn't seem to be worth it either.

Well done TOMTOM. Yet another software house that for a while sits back and enjoys the market share only to be beaten by their own complacency.

Lee
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd time lucky and I got a reply,

Dear Mr Hopkin,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support. We will be working 24 hours a day 7 days a week to make sure your order arrives as soon as possible. However, please allow up to 5 weeks for delivery.

Please be aware that not everything you read on online forums is correct and that we are doing our best to get your order shipped to you as soon as possible.

May we suggest that you click into your “My tomtom” account where you will be taken to a login screen. If you have not yet registered as a user, you will be asked to do so first. If you are an existing user, you will be asked to enter your user id ( your email address ).

Choose the icon ‘My Orders’ and you will find a list of the orders you placed in the TomTom mail-order store , double click the order number where you are able to view the details of your order.

explanation of your order status is supplied below:

Waiting: Your payment has not been received yet
Authorised: Your credit card has been validated and the payment can take place as there is enough credit on the card.
Captured: The payment has been received
Expired: Your payment has not been paid. We have not received a positive authorization for your order.

With best regards,

Doesn't say much though.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 mins after receiving the above email I received another email an invoice and my order has changed to captured how long will it be now??????????
icehot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God knows, mine was captured, and I've waited over 5 weeks now, and still nothing...
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine last week and installed it and everything works fine and I am very impressed with the changes.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: