Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Laser Alert on Orgin B2 (Solo)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Laser Alert on Orgin B2 (Solo)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Laser Alert on Orgin B2 (Solo) Reply with quote

Hi All

Recently setup my Origin in my car... Probably a bad decision going for the solo as it takes an age for it to pick up satellites, maybe bad positioning. Anyway my question is, well two questions!

1. Why does my laser alert go off every time I sound my horn?? This is weird and quite frightening sometimes! I think it also goes off if some in another car sounds their horn when very close to my vehicle... Anyone shed any light?

2. How reliant should I be on the Speedo on the Origin unit? Apparently the Speedo on my car is about 6mph slower then the origin. Take into account I've also got a PDA Tom-tom unit and Speedo on there is exactly the same as the Origin?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Jag
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Laser Alert on Orgin B2 (Solo) Reply with quote

Jag wrote:

2. How reliant should I be on the Speedo on the Origin unit? Apparently the Speedo on my car is about 6mph slower then the origin. Take into account I've also got a PDA Tom-tom unit and Speedo on there is exactly the same as the Origin?

I think you just answered your own question. It would seem that the speedo in your car does not meet legal requirements, i.e. it should read somewhere between your true speed and up to 10% over, it should never under read!
LostAtSea
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The laser alert is likely to be interference - the horn is probably electric, and is causing noise on the line.

If you had it plugged into the cigarette lighter I'd suggest putting a carbon choke around the power lead, but since it's hardwired I don't know whether you will be able to do so?

As for the GPS Speedo - it's reasonably reliable, but be aware that it is interpolated, i.e. the GPS knows it was at X, and is now at Y, and that took Z seconds ... only for multiple points.

However, if you are changing altitude (hills) the reading will be off as GPS altitude readings aren't as reliable as their location readings.

So worth going down a dead straight and dead level piece of motorway and then checking.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: