Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW: TomTom GO 300 Traffic.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW: TomTom GO 300 Traffic.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it only work with GPRS? I have Vodafone Dual sims which don;t aloow GPRS which is a pain.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It requires GPRS Internet. It will not work with any other access such as GPRS WAP or DUN .
Mihai
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: PDA connection to TT trafic server Reply with quote

I seem to remember having seen somewhere like the TT website that you can connect to the server via your normal internet connection, something like your laptop or wifi. Can it be done like this when you are at home before leaving ?

Also could you limit the area for which incidents are reported? say only choose south east or Kent or anything similar. This will help with file sizes to be downloaded therefore keep prices down.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can certainly connect using Internet Pass-Thru on the PocketPC & Smartphone versions but not the GO.

CoPilot's Traffic feature (when it arrives) was supposed to download only traffic data for a corridor including your route and a set distance either side but when you're only taking about 8 -15k is there really a need?
Mihai
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How did you work that out? At approx £3 per Mb and roughly 8-15k per connection that's an average of less than 1p per call?

£3/Mb = 0.3p/KB therefore 8-15k= 2.4p-4.5p percall

Is this not correct?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mihai wrote:
£3/Mb = 0.3p/KB therefore 8-15k= 2.4p-4.5p percall

Is this not correct?

Mathematics was never one of my strongpoints!
neondiet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: GO 300 or 500 ?? Reply with quote

I don't understand something. The article and replies talk about a GO 300 linking via Bluetooth, but looking at TomTom's web site, they don't advertise the GO 300 as having Bluetooth functionality. You have to get the GO 500/700 for that.
Ugly-Kid-Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Go 300 does have buletooh capabilities for connecting to tom tom plus services, but is lacking the hardware for the Hands Free operation.
visitor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just bought a tom tom go 300, and like it says there is a "Free" trial, why you cant download things from the internet instead of the phone for free I dont know.

Anyway I used a 6680 (Sim free) with an orange pay as you go to test it out. Cost £5.75 to download a voice, thing is it downloaded a voice I already had Smile

I have a snooper s4 so dont need the speed database, it would be nice to have a few voices, however I can's see anything free on tom tom site, only stuff you already have, is this what they call a free trial ?

Do I need a larger memory card ? and if I just copy the contents of the present card to the new one, will it work as normal ?

I think I should have a backup anyway, have done to PC now, as the original one I bought deleted the map, so back to curries the same day for another...

Seams the 5.10 update will show "Install application" once only, I had to delete cookes and things for it to be shown again..

That was day 1, since then i have used it over 600 miles, 90% ok, sometimes refusing to show things like "Snowdon" listed but selection not available (Nothing near cursor)

Odd ocation voice has stopped, and in and out of the menu to get it back

Post codes, try SA10 8AJ and it wont show it, even though its been there for 5 years, closes is top of the road, which is now longer with other streets
visitor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA10 8AJ

Rhodfa Bevan (Not on map)
Cadoxton

Close
Bevan Ave
pobore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to "connect with my phone Motorola V525 but no joy.I go down your pictures to Select your provder Vodafone GB selct the the next screen is unable to set up wireless connection(then there are two buttons set up another phone or do it manually.I press manual then the next sceen says Access point name(whats that)then a space for me to type in something.I put anything then the next screen is user name(my plus account log in0then next sceen is is password again plus login password.
Next screen is do you want to obtain IP Address(DHCP) I choose Auto.Next sceen is obtain DNS Server address again I press Auto.Next sceen says Dial*99#(whats that about)I then press done.Next screen says Log In script(whats that).I am pulling my hair out here.My phone recognises TT Go 300 as it is in the Bluetooth Directory and TTGo Sees my phone as it is displayed on the screen.

PLEASE HELP ME.
Avillaman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: TT GO 300 versus Nokia 7710 + TT software Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum and looking to buy an in car gps device. I've been checking around and was just about to buy a Tom Tom 300 when I noticed a post back in May about loading the Tom Tom software onto a Nokia 7710. I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on the pros and cons of these two options and what would be a good setup for the Nokia eg. gps receiver and other accessories to go with it.

Thanks for any advice.
azeem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Tom Tom Traffic issue Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Pocket GPS and to SatNavs in general.
I recently purchased a Tom Tom 500 and was very interested in the Traffic option. After reading the article in this forum I decided to go ahead and purchase the subscription.
I used it yesterday for the first to intersting results.
In the morning it worked a treat, reporting major traffic issues on the M25 and North Circular around London, re-routed me around those areas and got me into work at least 45 mins earlier than I would have normally. WOW!
However on the way back, it reported no faults on the M25 and on the North Cicular A406. This was totally wrong. Major traffic nightmare on both roads at so many locations and durations.

So what went wrong? How does someone check to see if the traffic subscription let me down?

I know I had good GPRS reception and being the M25, surely there should have been good traffic reports being collected.

I've emailed Tom Tom for feedback but any ideas from this forum would be great to understand how someone can actually find out if the traffic info for any day was down or poor, and if we should be compensated from the subscription for a poor service.

Many thanks

Azeem
barrowfordred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TTG500 & a SPVC500. I've tried everything I know including speaking to Orange & TomTom. Yet everytime I try to use Traffic the connection is via dial up and not GPRS. (right left arrows as opposed to a small "G" symbol).
I'd like to know how the TTG300 connected to traffic?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: