Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is it possible for TomTom to run on Navigon MN|4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible for TomTom to run on Navigon MN|4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zedhal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Is it possible for TomTom to run on Navigon MN|4 Reply with quote

Hello everyone, i am a new user with a Navigon Mobilenavigation|4

I have searched the forum but i havent found the answer to,

Whether it is posible to install tomtom software on to the Navigon mobilenavigation|4 system.

This is what i know and what i have done so far.

I have conected my navigon to the pc, i then run the tomtom software and using a datacable it installed it on to the navigon, however it still was runing its original software.

My next stem was to remove everything that i could of the original navigon software through my pc, while conected via datacable and then i reinstalled the tomtom onto it.

Unfortunetly, when i turn on the device, it still askes for the SD card with the related software of navigon, i am prosuming that there is a startup seting somewhere that i need to change, but i havent got a clue where and how to.

Can any one hellp and instruct me or provide sugestionsm or whether it is posible at all. Some divices have hardware reset, dows this mean it just instales the suporting OS or the navigation system software too and so on, plz help.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the SD card is a 2577 folder that controls the autostart behaviour. Rename this folder, or use it for the TomTom install.

PLease note that your device is not called Navigon Mobilenavigation|4 but rather something ike Navigon BlueMedia etc. Your initial question would be if you can run one software on top of the other, and the answer would have been NO. OK?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
zedhal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point regarding the name, am nt at home so i cant realy look it up, but this is what i got from the manufacturers website.

TECHNICAL DATA PNA Transonic 4000
Operating system: Microsoft® Windows® CE
CPU: Intel® PXA 255 processor 300 MHz
Memory: 64 MB SD-RAM/32 MB Flash
Antenna: 18 mm helix antenna
Dimensions: 125 mm x 78 – 98 mm x 20 mm
Weight: 165 g
Display: QVGA TFT display with 65,536 colors and 320 x 240 pixels
Current: 12 V car charging cable, 110 V/220 V home charging cable
Battery: Lithium ion, 1,350 mAh (charging time max. 4 hours)
Sound: Integrated loudspeaker
Interface: USB 1.1
Extension: SD/MMC card slot

Either way, all of these run on an OS, the operating system, the one i have runs on windows CE. And when conected to the pc, using the pc all of the OS file can be seen.

My question was, whether it was posible to remoe or uninstall all of the files relating to the manurefacurer of the device, so that the device has only OS on it. If so then it would be posible to install other products such as TOM TOM on to it.

Now, i have atempted to install tomtom on to it, and the OS brings up the instolation wizard and everything, and it gets installed on to the device, however the original software still starts up, so i either have to disable its start up or uninstal it some how completely.

Thanks for the point too look for that folder and i will soon as i get back home.

Much appriociated.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you see in \Windows\Startup ?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
zedhal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all i could of seen is a note pad doc but every time i copy it to my pc it was not there, even if i set the setings to view all system and hiden files.

Never mind, i managed to disable the original software that came with it from starting up, so now i have full access to its Windows CE, and from there i can manualy turn on the actual sat nav original software when i want to.

Emm, now i am interested in geting hold of something like TomTom or Route66, one of the magour europe maps, so that i can install it nd test wherether it is any better.

However which ever software i install onto it needs to be compatible with Windows CE, can any one tell me, if the OS that comes on these all in one sat nav systems are full versions or might they be mising some dll's or something.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: