Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TCM navigator and POI database?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TCM navigator and POI database?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesleyW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo - that's the one I already have, the Manual for the PocketPC. It's the one for the Navigation instructions that I'm after.

Lesley
plusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found any other manual for the Navigator. There doesn't seem to be any on the Navigon website either.
awaghorn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received mine today (had delay due to them being funny about cc payment). My GPS button on the right side doesn't seen to do anything though - anyone else find this?

Otherwise seems good so far, although map exporting takes a while!
plusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesley W:

I've just found the attached on the Navigon website. Whilst it refers to operating instructions for the new Navigator 5 product, the layout and instructions are very similar to the current Navigator system on the Medion/TCM.

Just click on the link, and scroll down to "software datasheet" at the bottom of the page - this will link to a .pdf file which you can view or save.

http://www.navigon.com/site/int/en/shop/consumer/upgrades/upgrade_detail/8/20

awaghorn:
My GPS button does nothing either - I have to use the icon on the main screen to turn GPS on/off.
snj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GPS button on the side of the unit turns the receiver on or off - but you have to press and hold it in for a few seconds. There's an icon at the bottom of the screen that changes colour when it's on/off.

You might find that it turns itself on automatically though - as there is a setting in the control panel (or whatever you call it on ppc's) to enable the GPS receiver to be turned on/off automatically when an application opens COM1.

Regarding the Navigon manual, it gets installed on the PC so you'll find it in the start menu.
plusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snj:

Excellent. Thanks very much
awaghorn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snj wrote:
Thank you. I was hoping to get one that I could stick to the inside of the car windscreen, not sure how easy that would be. I'll keep hunting...

snj - did you ever get an antenna that works? I got a Haicom one off ebay (same as the one at GlobalPositioningSystems) and I can't get it to physically go in the socket!

Very frustrating! :x :x
snj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't bought an external antenna yet; I've managed to temporarily stick the unit to the windscreen up near the rear-view mirror where the screen is un-shielded and the signal is OK (usually a 9 sat fix). However the dangling power cable is annoying so I was just about to jump onto ebay to buy an antenna. What sort of connector did you get on yours? I was going to go for the Minature MCX size but there are also right-angled and straight versions. Is your too big or too small...?
awaghorn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snj wrote:
No I haven't bought an external antenna yet; I've managed to temporarily stick the unit to the windscreen up near the rear-view mirror where the screen is un-shielded and the signal is OK (usually a 9 sat fix). However the dangling power cable is annoying so I was just about to jump onto ebay to buy an antenna. What sort of connector did you get on yours? I was going to go for the Minature MCX size but there are also right-angled and straight versions. Is your too big or too small...?

I got a straight MMCX (seemed like the same one everyone is selling). It looks like it should fit and I am sure it is the right one but it just won't go in so must be too large.

Have been on the phone to Medion and it is going to the service centre tomorrow or Friday (When I have rung UPS) and they will 'have a look'.

Andrew
snj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew

I'd be very interested to hear the outcome of this, and what solution Medion suggest..

Simon
spud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plusman wrote:
I was very lucky to get one of these on Friday (somebody had bought it the previous day and returned it). For the price, it comes with a lot as detailed in some of the mailings above. And it does come with a set of European maps (on CD; which can be downloaded to the 256Mb SD card which comes pre-installed with the UK maps).

So far it's worked fine, and I've been able to generally pick up 6 or more satellites when driving (I can even pick up 3 or 4 in my office, about 1 metre away from the window).

I've downloaded POI-Warner and got it working (needed a soft reset to get it fully functional) and have downloaded spped limit and speed camera information - not had a chance to try it out yet, though the coverage seems a bit patchy. I've also ordered a SD-wifi card to see if I can get it linked wirelessly.

So far it has worked fine and I am impressed.

Only problem so far is that I am having problems using the IR beam with my wife's IPAQ (for transferring contacts, etc). I can send contacts no problem, but cannot receive them from the IPAQ (even though the IPAQ detects the TCM, it tries to send but I get the "failed message") Anbody else come across this problem?

Hi, did you manage to get your unit linked wirelessly, if so which SD-wifi card did you get ?
plusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spud:

Alas not. I tried he Sandisk Wifi+256Mb card - the top of the card hits off the casing of the PDA and doesn't fit in.

I tried an Ambicom WL11-SD wifi card - it fits in OK but I couldn't get it to work. Medion Customer Care was not helpful - after I tried everything they told me that the SDIO slot is not SDIO! (in spite of telling me the opposite on two occasions before I purchased the wifi cards). However somebody else has said that they managed to get a Bluetooth card operating - so I don't know what's true at the moment. Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: