Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT 16 Channel - 20 hour
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT 16 Channel - 20 hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dununda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian, just what I wanted to know. I have left mine in my Citroen Berlingo tuned on for the past week or so now and all seems fine. So I plan to leave it like this from now on. An added benefit of this arrangement is that it invariably has a fix when I get in the car and turn my Palm T3 on and fire up Navman SmartSt. Saves waiting for it to acquire a first fix which can someitme take few couple of minutes.

iancjc wrote:
dununda wrote:
Can anyone give me an idea if leaving the BT77 on and connected to my new Citroens Berlingos 12v power supply overnight is likely to drain the battery signifigantly? The auxilary 12v outlets in my Berlingo are always powered even with the ignition off and because of their location in the overhead lockers it is a pain to unplug them. So I thought I would just leave the plug in and the BT77 on all the time and charging overnight. My gut feeling is the current drain would be low and would take a few days to drain the car battery. Anyone got any thoughts on this.

I leave mine permanently powered via the rear power sockets (I forget to power it off most of the time) of my citroen c8 - no sign of the battery running down over a period of 4 days. As the little battery it comes with lasts 16 hours I guess the power drain is very low.

Previously I left a haicom bt unit plugged in for 5 months (removed the internal battery) - and had no problems at all. I use my car every day and drive 500 miles+ a week so the battery is always topped up - which may help.

I wouldn't leave anything plugged in if the car is being left for a period just common sense I guess.

Ian

Jw_2000_Uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: FOUND MY PROBLEM Reply with quote

I was running the BT on a ipaq 2210.

Was dropping out and freezing every time within 2 mins.Kept doing it no matter what i did.tryed Sd cards,And CF Cards.

The PROBLEM was.

I was using checkpoint or POI and voice warnings.With this software ON and voice warnings ON.it would freeze 100% of the time.

With voice OFF and just the POI selected ON it was fine.

Wasnt a install issue as ive installed it the dame way on 5 pda's to date.

So basically my fix for now,although its a shame,is not having Checkpoint voice warnings on.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the record

I'm running the bt77 on a 2110 with ttn3 and checkpoint v2 with poi and voice warnings on with no problems!

looks like a single problem has no clear answer!

Ian
CapFusion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see if there anything running while TomTom is using. When there too many software running, it may cause BT drop and or freeze / hang your PDA. So stop any program are running and try TT to see if it make any differences.
markrfc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all just took the plunge and bought one off ebay for £53 plus postage has to be a bargain compared to my last tomtom bt gps costing £96.
Does any one know which model of nokia battery the receiver uses??.

Cheers Mark
markrfc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ebay seller i bought it from quotes the settings for tomtom mobile below..

Frequently Asked Questions

Does it work with nokia 6600? Yes it does work with nokias like 6600 and other nokias with route 66 and TomTom mobile, for TomTom mobile , some files might need to be replaced on the phone

Does it work with windows smartphones like Orange spv c500 and e200? Again yes it does, if you are using with tomtom mobile, you need to install the TomTom Mobile traffic update first, enable the com ports, make sure both are ticked, pair with the Gps and rename to "TomTom Wireless GPS" (case sensitive)

Which pda's does it work with? It works with all bluetooth enabled pdas like IPAQ, XDas and whole lot others, when using with tomtom, select NMEA v2 4800 and use your outgoing bluetooth serial com port, an example is shown below
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

battery is a BL-5c - as found in a nokia 6230

Ian
markrfc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great i'll buy a spare off ebay are they quick change or a screw driver job??.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

base of unit just opens - just like a normal battery compartment.

I got a "nokia" battery from ebay for 5 quid a month back

Ian
Melismobile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="markrfc"]The ebay seller i bought it from quotes the settings for tomtom mobile below..

Frequently Asked Questions

Does it work with nokia 6600? Yes it does work with nokias like 6600 and other nokias with route 66 and TomTom mobile, for TomTom mobile , some files might need to be replaced on the phone

Does it work with windows smartphones like Orange spv c500 and e200? Again yes it does, if you are using with tomtom mobile, you need to install the TomTom Mobile traffic update first, enable the com ports, make sure both are ticked, pair with the Gps and rename to "TomTom Wireless GPS" (case sensitive)

Where can I find out what files need changing ?

What is the TomTom Mobile traffic update and where do I get that ?

Thanks

Mel
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to register with TomTom Traffic to get the update. (Don't need to pay the actual traffic fees)

No files need to be renamed - the renaming happens when you pair the BT receiver with the mobile.

One word on the 16 channel claim. It doesn't say it will lock on to 16 satellites, it just says it will use 16 channels. This seems to imply that similiar to the SiRF III chipset the Nemerix chipset can use bounced and multipath signals from the same satellite (like in urban canyon environments) to increase the probability of getting/keeping a fix.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
slamhogg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have any experience w/this BT and a SMT 5600?
markrfc
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using this for a week now and have to say it has been faultless, running alongside my ipaq rx 3715 and seidio mount.
netsmithuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Pocket Streets Problem. Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have one of these BT77 bluetooth adaptors and it worked first time with TomTom running on my Imate Jam (windows mobile 2003) No complaints at all.

My problem is that MS Pocket Streets just refuses to see it at all. I read in some places that it might be TomTom so de installed that but still no difference. With windows Mobile 2003, the only blue setting I can see is one which allows to you set the bluetooth up as a serial port (hard coded to Com4 inbound and Com5 Outbound) I turn both of these on but when I go to pocket streets to activate the GPS, it says it can the port but no GPS data. (I've read about setting baud rates etc - buy my pocketPC does not not seem to have these options. The only option in BlueTooth settinns is turning on the Serial Port settings for Inbound and Outbound both of which I've done.

The other pocket pc screen in connections/bluetooth just allows me to turn on bluetooth (which I've done obviously) and then find the device, which it does no problem.

Any ideas, I know the receiever is fine as it works with TomTom, its just Pocket Streets that has a problem?
adamforman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Issues with MDA III and TomTom Navigator 3 Reply with quote

I have just got the BT77 GPS Unit its working fine with the application on the CD that connects via Bluetooth via my PC

But on the Pocket PC I cant seem to connect the unit - The Software will NOT allow me to select Bluetooth GPS in the TOMTOM GPS Software, I am able to select COM Ports but none seem to work.

Any suggestions please Smile

I have the MDA III and TomTom Navigator 3

HELP Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: