Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing Medion Nav 4.2 onto PNA175
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing Medion Nav 4.2 onto PNA175

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Installing Medion Nav 4.2 onto PNA175 Reply with quote

Hi all

I have a PNA175 with Medion Navigator 3.1D CE and have now managed to get hold of the 4.2 version of Medion Navigator to upgrade it.

Sadly the 3.1D CE version seems to be missing the Favorites Importer that I have read so much about so I cant import POI's.

So the question is, does anyone know how to load v4.2 onto my PNA175 or will it not work on a wince 4.2 and what files do I need from my disks to put onto my SD card to reload it all from scratch after a hard reset.

Is there a special procedure in all this?

I will of course uninstall 3.1C CE before upgrading and will backup on Activesync.

Thanks in anticipation :-)

tel33
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say:

I want to upgrade also so I can use the POIWarner software, will this work with Medion Nav 4.2?

Thanks

tel33
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should have 4 discs, disc one should have the files on it you require, if you backup your existing setup then you can reload the files if Nav 4.2 will not work.

First do a FULL backup via ActiveSync, then do a FULL backup of your storage card to your main PC, so that it can be reloaded if all goes wrong.

You need to remove the existing nav software from your unit.

Now you need to format your storage card, then using disc 1 you should be able to install Nav 4.2

Make sure you connect via ActiveSync to your unit, then place disc one into your drive, it should auto load and give you the option to install to your pocket pc.

Then you may need to use Map Export to transfer the maps to your Storage card, again that should be on disc 1.

Let us know how you get on, if it installs ok, then when you start Nav 4.2 on your pocket pc you may need to go to the Settings menu and on the GPS settings select Serial Cable on SP2, that may be on COM1 or COM2, and Standard GPS for type.

See my web site below for how to purchase and install POI-Warner, but make sure that you download and purchase the correct version (it may not be the one in the link, but you can choose the version on POI-Warner web site).
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure that my post above will work, Medion have so many different units and some are called PNA's but are also a Pocket PC's, the information that I posted above was for a Pocket PC, so it must be your call as to whether to try the update.
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I might as well have a go, nothing to lose I hope!

All backed up and ready to go as they say!

As you say it might or might not work, I think it probably wont as its wince 4.2 not pocketpc, its all bit confusing really about all these operating systems.

I have heard others with MDPNA175 have Navigator 4.4 on their ones so maybe I need this version (More money wasted)!

I will let you know how I do.

Thanks

tel33
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sad to say it did not work and locked up the PNA175 just as it was going to install, I got a licence reminder up that would not go awayunless I dragged it to the bottom of the screen and an installation bar that refused to install the files, a hard reset sorted that out and I am now reverting back to the old system.

It looks like I am stuck with an inferior version of Medion Navigator 3.1D CE without the Favourites Importer on it! Crying or Very sad

It seems like my luck really has run out unless anybody out there knows differently?
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking, will the maps I have on the Navigator 4.2 program work on the 4.4 program if I can get the program without the maps?

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks

tel33
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved, got V4.4 and the maps for V4.2 work.

Sad to hear though they now have version 5 out!!

Just as I thought I was catching upm, never mind this will do for now :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: