Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TotalPDA - Messers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TotalPDA - Messers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mors
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: TotalPDA - Messers Reply with quote

I'd stay away from www.totalpda.co.uk I'm starting to wish I had. I ordered a Mio off them 7days ago, they let me put my order through, THEN told me it wasn't in stock and would be in in 5days and they would ship it the same day. I rang them that day and they said 'errrr errr its come in with german disks so were waiting for some new disks-they'll be hre friday, we'll ship it friday'. Called them today, they informed me they have no stock, no expected stock, and ahven't had the mio for ages!! I informed them what I had been told, they put me on hold and came back with 'errr errr yeh, we're waiting for disk, but we cant ship today and you wont have it untiill later next week because of a stock take'!!!!! Are these guys COWBOYS or what? They are telling me different things and putting me off and putting me off.
I told them I'd call back tuesday after the bank holiday and if they couldn't convince me they were not lying to me again I'd cancel the order. How hard is it to either lie convincingly or tell people the truth?

Nice one totalpda - I wont be coming back

Mors
joeninety
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they are genuinley experiencing problems with their supplies of MIO's. there were problems with MIO production recentley due to lack of CPUs. i'd give them the benfit of the doubt personally as i've dealt with them on a few occassions now and can honestly say they do a great job.

perhaps you've had different stories from speaking with different folk in different departments....not everyone is going to know the reasons why stock hasnt arrived etc and they try to improvise just to help.
not always the best policy but i'm sure they're not doing it just to wind you up.
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Totalpda & Handtec some questions regarding the Mio & emailed them both at the same time, Handtec emailed me back the following day but still waiting to hear back from Totalpda Rolling Eyes
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you tell me what email address you sent your email to? We have had a few customers saying that they have emailed and we have not received there emails. There has been problems with the Mitac 168's being supplied from the manufactures.
cij100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a bit of a troblesome order experience with totalpda as well, sorry for the following rant.

Sunday 8th May
I ordered a pda based tomtom pack, with the intention of being able to use it when I was due to move the following weekend. I assumed that a week should be plenty of time as the delivery time was stated as being next day (1-3 days).

Monday
I was away from my computer on monday, and when I checked my email on tuesday I found an email stating that the original item was out of stock (still showing as in stock now), and that I would get the next model up for the same price.

Tuesday
Although this email seemed like a statement I replied agreeing to the change in order, asking when the delivery date would be.

Wednesday
I hadn't heard anything from them about the order, and so I filled in an order query form via the website. After most of the day passed with no response from that I e-mailed steven directly. He very kindly rang me back and tried to sort things out. As it was late in the day, it couldn't go out that day, but should go out thursday (and so be there for the friday)

Thursday
It got to about 4pm and I get an email from the original customer service advisor, replying to my email I sent on tuesday. saying that the order would be dispatched late the next day and be delivered on monday. This would be too late for me as I would no longer be at that address and be at a new temporary address. I rang them up to see what was going on. I found out that the order hadn't gone out, but they could deliver it for saturday morning. Initially they said this would cost me another 5er, but when I mentioned I would cancel the order, they agreed to give me of for free.

Friday
It gets to 5pm, and still I haven't recieved my dispatch email, so I ring up customer service again. The advisor checks with dispatch and apparent;y it hasn't gone out yet, and so there is no way to get it to me before the weekend.

I find this a bit frustrating, and I haven't had this problem with any other online store before, and I am a little annoyed as it would have helped me having the system for the next few weeks.

I should add though, that the staff have been perfectly reasonable and seemed like they were trying to help. I am not sure what went wrong.
GPSboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: TotalPDA are ok Reply with quote

On the Mio front, there have been major supply problems into the UK. Navman ICN 510s use Mio hardware and not even Navman know when deliveries are coming in......

and yeh, as Joeninety says, there are chip problems. I think everyone is moving to Samsung chipsets...so no doubt there will be a shortage in 6 months time again!! Confused
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cij100 sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with totalpda. Can you email your order details please, so i can try and find out what caused the problems with your order. Just to let you know we have just received a large shipment of Mitac 168’s in today.
sg16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel I should write in support of TotalPDA.

I got caught in the grey import malarkey with another company and after getting my money back went to Steve and TotalPDA. As I have mentioned in another thread Steve and his team couldn't have been more helpful and got me a 4700 within days and in time for a holiday where some very expensive Tom Tom mapping was otherwise about to go to waste.

I find it refreshing that Steve and the company are at least prepared to respond to comments and complaints on these threads which is more than can be said for others it appears.
geedee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: TotalPDA Reply with quote

Received my order 10am today as promised.
Well done TotalPDA.

Geedee
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks geedee we try our best to get supply a good service.
Magiceye
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: TotalPda or total mess you about Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Hi all, really angry here. I prdered a new battery for my PDa after th usual 10to15 minute wait on the phone listeneing to TotalPda telling me that I as a customer really cared and they were the best thing since sliced bread ( wont eat that anymore ) then finally get through to a " paul McGlashan" who took my order for a HP 2200 series battery, 2 days later a 1900series arrives, phone again usual long, very long wait, then get through to a yooung lady who says he has sent me an email, I said not recieved, said he would resend, never got that either, 4 days later I ring to see where my replacement is, this is after about 6 emails, finally get throough and Paul then tells me they wont send out another battery until I return the one I have I ask where he tells me I have to have a return note, he then sends it!!
10 days down the line I am still awaiting my battery, and no confirmation fromthis company at all.
I work in an industry where we are automotive and face customers every day and service 4 million a year, last year I gave totoal Pda around 10k of business through my management team, I now wish I had gone elsewhere, my future will not be with these people, customer service, NOT TotalPDa, lies, mistakes and excuses Yes.
PaulMcGlashan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Eye,

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. A take full responsibility for sending the wrong battery, it was a human error, just typed in the wrong code. As soon as I found out that you had the wrong battery I responded by sending you the returns form in email format within 2 hours. You called to say that you had not received it so it was re sent one hour later. I got no email bounce backs so presumed you received the mail. I believe this was within an acceptable timescale under the circumstances. Regretfully you have been without the battery for sometime however we do endeavor to replace incorrect products as quick a possible. You should now have the battery 7 days after reciving the incorrect item. Sorry it took so long.

Regards

Paul

Total PDA Staff
Ossey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say that I have had no problems with TotalPDA.
I ordered a refurbished Dell Axim with TT Nav 3.
I was concerned by the "refurbished" condition of the Axim and was re-assured that it would look like new.

Order arrived on time and with a brand new "looking" Axim.

Thanks
Bobm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered from them for the first time yesterday and despite some confusion over billing address and delivery address the item arrived this morning. Even though I had gone through the addresses with them twice the parcel still had the wrong town on it - but CityLink managed to work it out!
Draig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just ordered a Mio from them - had an e-mail to confirm the order with the town name wrongly spent. Main problem was the fact that they do not announce that they add-on a surcharge for using a visa type card!

I asked about delivery and was informed it would be next day or the day after at the most. so, tomorrow I'll report on whether or not they kept their promise or not.

Every store has hiccups, but after reading the above, I'd say that this store's reputation is on the line.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: