Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The Rikaline Ebay Scam?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rikaline Ebay Scam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErnieS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: The Rikaline Ebay Scam? Reply with quote

I purchased two Rikaline GPS's from thinktechnologies in January both of which have developed the same fault i.e. no data being sent... They were purchased on Ebay and both despatched directly from Rikalines London address and arrived without any paperwork at all, when I tried to get them to sort out the problem I was stone walled first by the seller who sends emails under the name Paul but who's real name is Sanjeev Ashar who requested an invoice number which should have been supplied with the goods and secondly by Mr. Samuel Goldsmith of Vivo Technologies who I assume should have sent the number. Facts the seller will not do anything without the numbers Mr. Goldsmiths Company should have sent, and Mr. Goldsmith won't do anything..... Has anyone else had these type of problems?
Tigaruk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive actually bought a tomtom kit from pdamods.com but its missing a wire and no one has got back to me yet (as they appear to not work the weekends).

So to cover myself i did a whois search on the name and whos name and address and telephone number should appear as the owner of the domain pdamods? Yes thats right its Sanjeev Ashar.

[whois.easyspace.com]
[whois.easyspace.com]
Registrant:
Ashar
230 Kilburn Lane
London, w10 4ba
GB

Domain name: PDAMODS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Ashar, Sanjeev poojabusiness@yahoo.com
230 Kilburn Lane
London, w10 4ba
GB
020-8904-2718 Fax: 0870-124-8495

Technical Contact:
Ashar, Sanjeev poojabusiness@yahoo.com
230 Kilburn Lane
London, w10 4ba
GB
020-8904-2718 Fax: 0870-124-8495

Record last updated on 13-Jun-2005.
Record expires on 26-May-2008.
Record created on 26-May-2003.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS15.TOKIOS.COM 70.84.16.36
NS16.TOKIOS.COM 70.84.16.37

Domain status: ACTIVE

He is also the owner of vivo technologies. Hope that helps, as for me, i'll be onto them first thing monday morning to get my gps system sorted.
glynherron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt twice with this guy.

On the first occasion 2 years ago, a GPS receiver arrived faulty. This was returned and a new unit sent by return - great service i thought.

Second occasion another GPS reciever (sold other with PDA) the power lead kept blowing fuses. I was sent another, this was OK but kept pulling out of the PDA. After another email another was sent that was perfect.

So for a cheap price with a little bit of hassle at the start, I am happy and would deal again!!

He always replied quickly and delivery of 'extras' was prompt.

Hope this helps and gives a more balanced view.

Glyn

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: