Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Strange happenings with Ipaq 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange happenings with Ipaq 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Strange happenings with Ipaq 2210 Reply with quote

Not sure which section to post this in - I hope it is OK here?

Over the weekend I installed the free trial of Mappopolis software and a few of the USA maps to test it out before my trip next week to the USA - it worked fine so I did a back up to keep it as it was (the unit was in the cradle as it needs activesync to install). I left the unit in the cradle until this morning as I hadn't needed it until now. When I cam to switch on this morning I could not get the backlight to work no matter what I did. I was able to faintly see the screen however (as I said without backlight) and check in the setting. The battery powered backlight setting was set to the bottom i.e. none at all, BUT it was also greyed out, I could not drag it up and change it Grrr

Fortunately I had a previous fully working backup from before Mappopolis and restored this and all was/is well again, BUT, whilst the backlight setting is now 4/5ths of the way to the top, it is still greyed out and is unavailable to change?????

Has anyone got any idea why this should have happened? Why can I not change the sttings any more (or does this only work when in the cradle?

I am at work and cannot check things in the cradle at the moment

I am just totally flumoxxed

Cheers for any help/advice

Steve
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have added - Thank goodness for Sprite backup!!

One of my smarter moves buying that piece of software - I can heartily recommend it to all users

Steve
northamsaint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a that before.

Try going into :-

Settings - Backlight - Brightness and then adjust the brightness.

For some reason my 2210 in the past has set these to minimum.
northamsaint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry didn't read that properly see you have tried this. Mune has done it a couple of times but I have always managed to get it back that way.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar happening this week with my 2210. It locked up because I didn't close TomTom before switching off. When I did a soft reset and started it again, the screen brightness was minimum with power on, and greyed out so I could not reset it to maximum. I used Sprite backup to reinstall all the software, and that restored my original (maximum) brightness setting with power on. However, it is still greyed out, and I can't adjust the brightness in the Settings window.
Anyone got any ideas what can be wrong
Robin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: