Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Look What We Found In Amsterdam! A TomTom GO 300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Look What We Found In Amsterdam! A TomTom GO 300
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevreyno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poland for example only has 18% of the roads present mapped-not sure how the can say this is" maximum detail" 8O
Jozef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevreyno wrote:
Poland for example only has 18% of the roads present mapped-not sure how the can say this is" maximum detail" 8O

Well, Tomtom support told me, they will have initial coverage for Slovakia, now when I look at reported coverage - no Slovakia in the map package... It doesn't surprice me, they will always say what you want to hear, not the facts Confused

Navigon support seems pretty much more professional and trustworthy, to me.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jozef wrote:
trevreyno wrote:

Well, Tomtom support told me, they will have initial coverage for Slovakia, now when I look at reported coverage - no Slovakia in the map package... It doesn't surprice me, they will always say what you want to hear, not the facts Confused

Navigon support seems pretty much more professional and trustworthy, to me.

Jozef,

Do you have an address in Slovakia to look up?

I will see if it is in the map data.
Jozef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Address in Slovakia Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Is Slovakia present in Tomtoms' new maps ?? Could you, please check, for example, "Istrijska" street in Bratislava, "Nabrezna" street in Prievidza ? Thank you.

If Slovakia is in new map set (as they informed me, when I asked them about it a month ago), I really have to apologize to Tomtom Exclamation
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jozef,

Both of those towns are in the map set. But I was unable to find either road.

Prievidza is a small town about 2 miles by 2 miles, the main road Necpalska Cesta is shown but most of the rest of the roads in the town are marked as "unnamed".

Bratislava is a far bigger city shown as about 12 miles by 5 miles. This does seem to have a majority of the roads named although a lot of the very small side roads dont seem to have names on them.

Was this a difficult test? or are these major roads?

I should point out that I have used the beta maps to obtain this information. This is not part of the Maps of Western Europe, and will be a seperate map set for Eastern Europe.
Jozef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Slovakia Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

This was "middle class" test, these streets are not the shortest in town, not even longest. It looks like I've mistakenly blamed tomtom from not keeping their word, but I was really not able to find any info (on tomtoms' site) about the fact, map of Slovakia will be in latest release of tomtom products... I really do apologize Exclamation

Mike, if it was possible, could you place some screen-shots of , say Prievidza, here, please ? Thank you. I would like to see, in what detail it is prepared, since I know the city . Smile
JokerNI
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Great Britian Maps. Reply with quote

Hi All

Does the update contain better maps of UK? For example even though Northern Ireland is part of Great Britain, map coverage is next to nothing.....

Regards

Paul
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain hence why there is little or no coverage in the GB mapset.
Now if it were UK mapset then you would expect coverage of some sort as the UK is made up of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
uptowndisco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icsys wrote:
Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain hence why there is little or no coverage in the GB mapset.
Now if it were UK mapset then you would expect coverage of some sort as the UK is made up of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Northern Ireland is an administrative region and one of four constituent parts of the United Kingdom. It is located on the island of Ireland, where it shares a land border with the Republic of Ireland, the only part of the United Kingdom with an international land border. The constitutional origins were once established by the Parliament of Northern Ireland under the Government of Ireland Act, 1920.
JokerNI
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Without going too deep into the history of Northern Ireland and its status within the UK/GB, which I feel should be left for another time, my original question still stands. Have they improved coverage of Northern Ireland, and will there be support for the Republic or Ireland in version 5?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: