Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Re: CP6 patch and the safety camera databases
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Re: CP6 patch and the safety camera databases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
This is all very odd. I have installed the patch and so far been able switch between voices without problems.

Me too, well apart from the very first change which seems to go haywire - but after tat, it's OK.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previously, I could never get the speed zoned OV2 files to display their asociated bitmap on the PDA (I just got a white square), so had to use the consolodated by type. But today I noticed that the speed zoned bmp files were larger than for the speed zoned bmp files. To cut a long story short, I opened each of the bmp files in Paint and saved then as 16 colour rather than 256 colour, and they now display.

Has anyone else had any similar problems?
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finished my current investigations in this area and can summarise my findings as:

PPC does not display 256 colour bitmaps, but the PC will. Both are happy with 16 colour bitmaps.

PC application will not display POIs imported as OV2/BMP files starting with safetycamera.

To be recognised by the 'new' safety camera processing, the files do not need to be called safetycamera, just start with safetycamera. However, there appears to be a filename length issue. If the pocketgps files are prefixed with safetycamera_ they are not displayed, but if pocketgps_ is simply changed to safetycamera_ they are.

If you delete the files starting aoPoi*.* (rather than ao*.*) in the SAVE directory, you only need to import the OV2 files, the data from the previously imported BMP files is retained and will be re-used. There are situations where this doesn't work - but if this is the case, just delete all the files starting ao*.* and import the BMP files with the OV2 files.

If you use the speed zoned set of files for the new safety camera processing, even though it doesn't give any indication as to camera type or speed limit, the icon on the map does (provided that the map is displayed at sufficient size)

The above are my findings on my own equipment, along with any settings I have changed. It is always possible that other users experiences will be different.
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:
If the pocketgps files are prefixed with safetycamera_ they are not displayed, but if pocketgps_ is simply changed to safetycamera_ they are.

Just a quick tip for anyone trying this.

From the command line in windows, cd to the directory containing the files and enter: -

ren pocketgps_uk_*.* safetycamera_*.*
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep the UK in the new name, for those who use camera files for other countries.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: