Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SPV M600 running TT6 - Call handling query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SPV M600 running TT6 - Call handling query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: SPV M600 running TT6 - Call handling query Reply with quote

Firstly hello all.

I have been a member of your forum for a while but only as a watcher and not a contributor. Please accept my humble apologies Embarassed .

Your forum is brilliant and I have used it to progress my GPS use from an Acer N35 running firstly Destinator (just not as user friendly and as polished as TT), then TT5 (great improvement on Destinator but frequently froze the machine and required soft resetting), then TT6 (2d mapping and never froze once - perfect).
I then progressed (?!) to a Nokia 6680 running TT5.2 which was okay but found the screen size to be too much of an issue.
Finally decided to reduce the number of lumps in my pockets Wink and opted for my current machine the SPV M600 through Orange, running TT6.

My query which I would like your advice on is basically concerning the incoming call handling whilst navigating on screen.

When the phone receives a call the incoming caller id shows in a dialogue box which overlays the TT map (approx bottom 1/3 of the screen). It allows you to either Accept or Ignore the call. My problem is that when I accept the call the phone does not then allow me to select the built-in handsfree option, which is obviously a necessity nowadays when driving. Instead, it immediately flicks back to the complete map screen, which means I either have to pull over to hold the phone to my ear, or try to navigate my way through the windows mobile menu system to find the Phone display to then select the handsfree option, by which time the caller has got fed up and hung up already Confused .

Sorry about the length of post, however I am hoping that it is maybe possible to set the phone up to automatically trigger the built-in handsfree every time a call is answered when the phone is running TT. If anyone could advise on this i would be ecstatic.

Cheers

Col
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried the ok button this should minimize the tt just put it to a hot button so its easy to bring back

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
comc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestion Alix776.

I have tried this.......by pressing the ok button whilst receiving a call the TT does minimize, leaving you with your initial desktop with the incoming call details showing in the lower third of the screen. However, when you then Accept the call, the Phone options screen pops up for less than a second (not long enough to be able to select the Speaker On option) then flicks back onto the TT map......very frustrating!!

I wonder if this is a problem particular to my machine or if others running windows mobile on different machines are experiencing the same quirk.

Col
comc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried accepting the call with the green button, then clicking the ok button, which then does allow you to select Speaker On.

Problem solved

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: