Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO 4.40 New Software has been released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO 4.40 New Software has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
imapbox wrote:
(the question still is -- did you receive the pictures ?)

Just checked my mail but nothing there apart from extending the size of Embarassed emails

oh ok, tyhen I'll have to remake the pictures. I in the mean time got myself a torx 6 which allows me to disassemble further I guess.

will mail you beforehand. the pictures are quite large. oh better idea -- I'lll put them on my website so that you can download them by hand.

ok ? Wink
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanH wrote:
I'm thinking of buying an Expansys 512Mb SD card for TTG. I've seen threads where people have had issues with some SD cards - any problems with the Expansys ones? Is it simply a question of mounting TTG with new card installed, and then installing the application/maps from the CD? Presumably I would then go on to install the update over the original version? Thanks for any advice.

well that's what I in fact did. I mounted the TTGO w/ the original card. copied to a directory (including subdirectories); then, I ejected the old card, picked a new card, copied back the files on the new one and there you go. a copy of th eoriginal, now, with some more space left Wink

note that I happen to use an OS that grasps better what's inside hardware; it sees the TTGO as usb-storage.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanH wrote:
I'm thinking of buying an Expansys 512Mb SD card for TTG. I've seen threads where people have had issues with some SD cards - any problems with the Expansys ones? Is it simply a question of mounting TTG with new card installed, and then installing the application/maps from the CD? Presumably I would then go on to install the update over the original version? Thanks for any advice.

I dont know about the expansys card, but I have successfully used a Sandisk 256MB (made in China).

The installation is exactly as you describe it, though you may also have to activate the maps when you first re-start the GO.
AlanH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.
HotSpot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to export the Portuguese voices from TomTom GO to TomTom Navigator 3? Do you know a place where i can find Portuguese voices? Please...
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotSpot wrote:
Is it possible to export the Portuguese voices from TomTom GO to TomTom Navigator 3? Do you know a place where i can find Portuguese voices? Please...

if the files are the same format, there is no reason it can't be done.developer-wise it wouln't be smart if the format was different.

do you happen to have an example of a voicefile for TT3 ?

in some prev article I also wrote something about the voicefiles.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imapbox wrote:
oh ok, tyhen I'll have to remake the pictures. I in the mean time got myself a torx 6 which allows me to disassemble further I guess.

will mail you beforehand. the pictures are quite large. oh better idea -- I'lll put them on my website so that you can download them by hand.

ok ? Wink

If you sent them already it should be in our sent box or on your hard disk surely ? Sending them to me won't be a problem as I have a 2GB mailbox now Laughing
PeterLuit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using 4.40 for more than a week, I have the following comments/questions:

1. It seems that the GPS sat signals will need longer (1-3 minutes) to process in the TTG before coming availabe (compared to 4.21 - 20-40 seconds). Anyone else with the same experience?
2. The 'alarm' signal for POI's is very short. I would suggest to have an input option in which the repetition number (1-5) could be inserted, for repeating the signal. Or a repeat after xx meters, after the first occurance.
3. Editting of existing POI locations is not supported (only deleting and adding).
4. Flashing red line around POI not visible enough
5. Upperleft POI warning logo (enlarged version of original) of poor quality
6. Request for easier inserting of POI (current GPS location) while driving
7. Open description of the .OV2 format

Thanks,

Peter
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:

If you sent them already it should be in our sent box or on your hard disk surely ? Sending them to me won't be a problem as I have a 2GB mailbox now Laughing

I don't keep an sent mail box. that would grow too fast.... I really need to remake the pictures. regarding the sending of the pictures. they never got bounced either. weird stuff sometimes.
imapbox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterLuit wrote:
Using 4.40 for more than a week, I have the following comments/questions:

1. It seems that the GPS sat signals will need longer (1-3 minutes) to process in the TTG before coming availabe (compared to 4.21 - 20-40 seconds). Anyone else with the same experience?
2. The 'alarm' signal for POI's is very short. I would suggest to have an input option in which the repetition number (1-5) could be inserted, for repeating the signal. Or a repeat after xx meters, after the first occurance.
3. Editting of existing POI locations is not supported (only deleting and adding).
4. Flashing red line around POI not visible enough
5. Upperleft POI warning logo (enlarged version of original) of poor quality
6. Request for easier inserting of POI (current GPS location) while driving
7. Open description of the .OV2 format

Thanks,

Peter

Peter, the TTFF (time to first fix) -- I didn't notice this. Just tried outside, within a minute.

for the sggestions -- ok, seems reasonable. the logo itself at point 5 is probably due to the bad picture used to start with. if you magnify a bad, low res picture it will not get better...

regarding the ov2 file format -- they may or may not have published it but it appears to me that this format can pretty easily be retrieved by googling. happy navigating !
Lampman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the new update has been installed I too have noticed that the TT takes longer to acquire sat.fix especially on a cold start 3 or 4 minutes the other day!
HotSpot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imapbox wrote:
if the files are the same format, there is no reason it can't be done.developer-wise it wouln't be smart if the format was different.

do you happen to have an example of a voicefile for TT3 ?

in some prev article I also wrote something about the voicefiles.

U can find samples to tomtom navigator 3 here:

http://www.tomtom.com/addons/index.php?Language=1&Product=238&Category=6

What a need to know is that, if they have the same format in Tomtom Go. If so can anyone send me the Portuguese voices.

tks
jaygee666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: tomtom go voices Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to install their own voice commands on the go or is this feature not available yet?

Intend to record the missus' voice, just like when she was my back seat driver.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom go voices Reply with quote

jaygee666 wrote:
Has anyone been able to install their own voice commands on the go or is this feature not available yet?

Intend to record the missus' voice, just like when she was my back seat driver.

Checkout this thread the guys are trying to make custom voice fies by using various editing tools.
cgbowser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera B roads Reply with quote

I have updated my TTG to v4 and loaded on the ov2 files, (it's a bit frightening when you do "Browse Map" and zoom out)

The only thing that is funny is that I can't see any cameras on any B-roads.

This morning I passed three camera sites all on B-roads, all long standing i.e >3 years for those with an interest they were:-

Holmer Green Road, Hazlemere, Bucks
Sawpit Hill, Hazlemere, Bucks and
B474 Elm Road, Penn, Bucks.

At first I though I must have set the POI wrong or something, but cameras on the M25 and A4 in Slough showed up.

Any thoughts?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: