Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using Speed Camera Files (FAQ)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Speed Camera Files (FAQ)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Using Speed Camera Files (FAQ) Reply with quote

Q: How can I make use of the PGPSW Speed Camera Files?

A1: If you use the main download from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php then extract the following files:
'csv files\other\{all 6 files}'
Then, download the POI zip file from http://www.garminpoi.co.uk and extract all files into the same folder as the PGPSW csv files.
Run the 'CamRename.bat' file - this will rename the files so they appear at the bottom of the POI list and also allow them to work with the .bmp icons.
Upload to the unit using Garmin's POI Loader (http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=927)

A2: If you use the main download from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php then extract the following files:
'csv files\other\{all 6 files}'
'ov2 bmp files\{all 6 .bmp files}'
Upload to the unit using Garmin's POI Loader (http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=927)

A3: If you use the Garmin-specific download from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/garmin-poi-loader-speed-cameras.php then extract all the files into the same folder as any other POI's.
spal123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: csv file invalid Reply with quote

Hi,
Have looked around forums for hours but still cannot get speed camera database onto new i3...
When I use POI loader it says anyfilename.csv is invalid and doesn't upload it. I have got the single file csv and bmp file and the 6 versions (all from the zip files), none work for me...
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Please and thank-you!
spal.
s7uar7
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this today when I got mine. I'm not sure exactly what I did that fixed it, but I think it was changing the voice language from American English to British English.
garminc310
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been having the same problems uploading the speedcam poi to my new garmin c310. I keep getting the message the file name is not valid -do you want to continue anyway. Either wasy the upload aborts and nothing is saved to the unit. After a few wasted hours, I located another website poihandler where they charge 12 euros per year for Garmin compatable updates. It works fine, even with the new garmin poi loader update released a few days ago.Im not sure if pocket gps wprld files are compatable with the new garmin poi loader software. !" Euros I know but at least it works.!
melisg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for garmin C310 users!

if anyone still experiencing the same problem: " anyfilename .csv is invalid "

just open each .csv file one by one and delete the first line which contains "Longitude,Latitude,Name" then save.

This line was probably, accidentally left in by whoever translated Tom Tom POIs (i reckon).

Regards,
Greg
drunkendruid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: speed cameras Reply with quote

Download speed camera poi file and use garmin uploader to load it. No messing about, my c310 just accepted files and popped up camera signs on map interface :D
rupan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: C310 Proximity alerts (POI) Reply with quote

Can anyone help me specify / set the proximity alert distances for each individual Speed Camera file ? Also can you configure it so you only receive alerts if you are travelling over the speed limit ? Any help gratefully received. I am using the Garmin POIN Uploader.
stevemiles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 310 and POI Loader Problem Reply with quote

I have a Nuvi 310 using latest firmware 2.3 and POI LOader 2.21 but cannot get the speed cameras onto it. I have tried all the garmin csv downloads but get the following error message in POI Loader:

"There was a problem copying the data to the data card.

The specified file could not be encrypted."

I have no trouble copying MP3s etc.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
NickRowan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Missing Safety Cameras or wrong file NUVI 300 Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just bought a GARMIN NUVI 300 and downloaded the camera database but I'm not sure I got the correct download.
Selected GARMIN then UKPOILoaderi3, Nuvi etc from the downloads page

I uploaded it using the POILoader software from GARMIn and all seemed OK but approx 30% cameras on the journeys I've made seem to be missing from the database

Should I have used the Single file with all cameras gpx download?

If the single file is correct do I need to delete the file I've already uploaded?

Is there any other reason the cameras may be missing...eg they are dummy cameras?

Thanks
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: C310 Proximity alerts (POI) Reply with quote

rupan wrote:
Can anyone help me specify / set the proximity alert distances for each individual Speed Camera file ? Also can you configure it so you only receive alerts if you are travelling over the speed limit ? Any help gratefully received. I am using the Garmin POIN Uploader.

Just use ASH10 or CBROM utelity (Stickies on the top of these threads). Great applications that work very well for this purpose.
Hope this helps.
londonmat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: C310 Proximity alerts (POI) Reply with quote

Almahadeus wrote:
rupan wrote:

Just use ASH10 or CBROM utelity (Stickies on the top of these threads). Great applications that work very well for this purpose.
Hope this helps.

Sorry - I might be being a bit daft here, but where are these utilities? I'm having the same problem with the alerts driving me crazy if I approach a camera doing less than 10mph below the limit.
groping
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help, just downloaded the camers from this site onto my NUVI 360 but the alerts come up with wrong speeds.

30mph alerts display as 19mph
40 as 25
50 as 31
and 60 as 37.
Very odd and very confusing.

Any help would be much appreciated. Question
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

groping wrote:
Help, just downloaded the camers from this site onto my NUVI 360 but the alerts come up with wrong speeds.

30mph alerts display as 19mph

When you upload, poiloader has a dialogue where you specify the units to be used. Make sure this is set to miles/hrh; I suspect you used km/hr.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you upload, poiloader has a dialogue where you specify the units to be used. Make sure this is set to miles/hrh; I suspect you used km/hr.

Search through the forum - we KNOW you used KPH and not MPH....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: